1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Best white for non chalkiness?

Discussion in 'Acrylics' started by Wendy, May 27, 2020.

1. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Hey all, what's the best brand in acrylics for a white that doesn't get that chalky kind of texture when mixed with other colors?
  2. hypertex Active Member

United-States
    I wasn't aware white paint ever caused a chalky texture, at least it's never happened to me in either acrylics or oils.

Now I am aware that adding too much white will cause a color to be chalky (i.e., washed-out). The solution there is to not use so much white paint, or use zinc white instead of titanium white.
  3. valiant A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I rarely use white for lightening colours - I try to find an alternative option. I only ever use pure white as an absolute highlight for white clothing, etc.(y)
  4. BeanJuice Active Member

Same here as above, I never use pure white to add highlights, Titanium White is used purely for extreme glint highlights. For colour lightening I try to use an off-white that has a hint of the base colour in it