1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Critique Bersaglieri Officer – Adua battle 1896

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by MAXIMO, May 13, 2010.

1. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Hi guys

This is a 1::54 Officer of Bersaglieri Regiment, Adua battle from EMI models

Battle of Adwa, Italian ADUA (March 1, 1896), military clash at Adwa, in north-central Ethiopia, between the Ethiopian army of King Menilek II and Italian forces. The Italian army advanced to Adwa with 14,500 men against an Ethiopian army of some 100,000; the columns, moreover, were disorganized and lacked adequate maps of the area. Humiliatingly routed on March 1 by Menilek's forces, the Italians retreated through difficult terrain, harassed by a hostile population. As much as 70 percent of the Italian force was killed, wounded, and 3.000 captured. ( 800 captured askaris, regarded as traitors by the Ethiopians, had their right hands and left feet amputated.)

I made some changes to the kit like: the helmet feathers and lace,I added the pistol cord. I create a new base and groundwork and I did a copy of he half shield of the kit and made a completed one.

I painted all with acrylic Vallejo

I’ll always appreciate and welcome all yours comments.

Adriano

Attached Files:

2. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Adriano,
    Very nicely done and nice base.
    Cheers
    john
  3. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Thanks John for the comments

Adriano
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Interesting subject, well painted and great groundwork.. Well done Adriano.

Roger.
  5. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Hi Roger, thanks for the kinds words

Adriano
  6. trevi Member

Spain
    Una figura muy bonita
  7. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Gracias Antonio, Thanks

Adriano
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work, and very vivid colors.

Marc
  9. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    Manejas muy buenos conceptos, son muy originales, pero insisto en que debes mejorar el aspecto anatomico, evitar ser tan rigido en las poses, noto los brazos algo largos en proporcion al cuerpo. Otra cosa es tambien mejorar el aspecto tecnico, manejas muy bien los colores pero no la tecnica, suavizar un poco mas las transiciones, evitando cortes bruscos entre luz y sombra...
  10. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    To Marc: my thanks for the comments

To Ernesto: como indique la figura no es mia, es de la EMI y el escultor es Nello Rivieccio y en los PP de las fotos hay, a veces, distorsiones, pero agradezco tus comentarios.

Adriano
  11. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great looking figure!

Cheers,
    Marcel.
  12. MAXIMO Active Member

Venezuela
    Hi Marcel. I appreciate the comment
    Regards

Adriano