1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Berlin 1945

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by specmod, Aug 13, 2008.

1. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Here is a 54 mm figure from Andrea Miniatures of a Russian infantryman after he has raided a building in Berlin and has gotten himself a couple of war trophys. he his also happy that the war has ended and he will soon be returning to the motherland and family. Hope you like.
    Cheers Andrew

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andrew,

I think you may have slightly overdone the dry brushing on the pants, bed roll and shirt mate. I'd prefer to see you highlight each area with a lighter version of the base colour, rather than dry brush the entire figure with a buff/ white colour, as you seem to have used here. If you try it, I think you'll find the contrasts between the shadows and highlights will make your details "pop" a bit more.

If I've got it wrong, please forgive me. I'm trying to offer constructive critcism, rather than just piss in your pocket.

Cheers
  3. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Gidday Tony,

theres no probs with your comments mate, but believe it or not, in the flesh you dont see this effect like that. Its actually very subtle and well blended into the rest of the shading, however as it stands from the pics, thats how it appears and you would be right to make these comments.
    Its got me stuffed.
    Cheers Andrew
  4. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Perhaps its the lighting you used for your pics? Did you use a flash? Sometimes a flash will radically alter the look of the paint job and create a very different look from what you see in the flesh.

I'm glad you took my comments in the spirit they were intended.

Cheers
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Looks good for me.

Marc
  6. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    From looking at the pictures I agree with Tony that the dry brush looks a bit overdone. But for the rest very good work!!

Marcel.