1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Berdan Sharpshooter

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by y_wong, Sep 6, 2004.

1. georges64 Member

France
    It will be welcome(d) :(

Merry Xmas !

georges64
  2. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Wong,

This is by far my favorite of yours. You have done a really nice job on this one and I look forward to seeing you paint it.

Joe
  3. Ernest A Fixture

Venezuela
    This is FANTASTIC! :eek: for me you sculpt like Bill Horan, Great job on this one

ER
  4. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Splendid work Wong! Can't wait to see him painted.
  5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, It's great to see this project come together. I love the pose.~Gary
  6. y_wong New Member

Dear friends of PlanetFigure,

Thanks again and I am glad that you like it.

As mentioned in my previous posting in reply to Georges, I will be doing a SBS of the groundwork but now I am also toying with the idea of doing a SBS of the painting of this figure. Maybe I will make it my new year resolution. so let's see how it turns out as i progress.

Once again, a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all, and Good Health to all and your family.

regards :)
  7. y_wong New Member

Dear folks,

Attached is a pic of the SBS of the prussian knapsack that was issued to the berdan sharpshooters. Adjacent to it, is the SBS of the mess tin. I have left out the knapsack straps as I have yet to decide on the groundwork. the knapsack will be lying next to the sharpshooter.

Currently I am working on the haversack and the canteen. Should have something up sometime next week.

Hope you enjoy these.

Attached Files:

8. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Well that's excellent Wong! (y)
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Fantastic Wong!!
  10. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, My friend that is a great job. Very well done that will compliment you figure nicely.~Gary
  11. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    VERY nice Wong!
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    (y) (y) Wong Yau !! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  13. rafaelega Active Member

Spain
    Excellent work.

Rafa
  14. georges64 Member

France
    hello Wong, your work is always amazing!I realy appreciated it.Impatient to see the final result(issue). (y) (y)
    friendly
    georges64
  15. y_wong New Member

Thanks to all, I'm glad that you like it.

16. y_wong New Member

Dear folks,

Attached is a sketch of what I intend to do but suggestions are always welcome. The groundwork will be slightly elevated from the base. I am using a wooden dish, less than US$1, for the base. I have made the base smaller by sawing and sanding away part of the edge. The next step will be to lacquer the base to some darker colour.

regards

Attached Files:

17. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey,Wong Yau,the concept sketch for the groundwork looks very good,IMHO (y) (y) !! Go for it ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  18. georges64 Member

France
    Hi Wong
    the idea is good, only will have you the place for the fence ?...yes while making exceed the feet of the central round or fix the fence outside or across it.
    Happy 2005!
    cheers
    georges64
  19. y_wong New Member

Thanks Kenneth and Georges.

20. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong, I like the layout for the figure, and having enough room for the figure and fence would be my main concern.~Gary