1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Berdan Sharpshooter

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by y_wong, Sep 6, 2004.

1. y_wong New Member

Dear Ernest,

I use epoxy putty to sculpt my figure. It's the stuff that they sell in the hardware shop for mending ceramics, pipes and etc. It's bascially a two parts compound. The curing time is about half an hour or less, hence I only sculpt a little bit at a time.

The hand was done in 3 separate sessions. First the thumb, when it's cured I then proceeded to the palm and finally the 4 fingers.

You may want to access my website at http://sg.geocities.com/y_wong62/ to check it out. Just go the WIP page and browse through.

regards :)
  2. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    The hands look great Wong! I may use those pics as reference. Well done!
  3. y_wong New Member

Glad that you like them, Jason. BTW do you happen to have more pictorial info on the berdan's backpack? Gary has been extremely helpful and has provided some pic.

More hands and sleeves. Attached is a SBS of the sculpting of the arm and sleeve. I have sculpted it in such a way that it is parted at the wrist. The sleeve helps guide the left hand into place upon assembly. This will enable me to sculpt and paint the frock with minimum fuss.

Attached Files:

4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GREAT PROGRESS so far,Wong Yau (y) (y) !! Keep it up ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  5. y_wong New Member

Thanks Ken.

Shouldn't we and victor meet up sometime this month for a drink in the evening?

6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Wong, keep up the good work and lokking forward to your next step.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wong,

I don't know how I missed it but he is looking really nice. I too really like the hands.

Joe
  8. y_wong New Member

Thanks Roc and Joe. Glad that you like it. I am currently working on the frock. Should have something to post during the weekend.

9. y_wong New Member

Dear folks,

I have completed the figure except for the haversack and prussian knapsack. The haversack and knapsack will be sculpted and placed next to the figure. Attached is the pic of the figure view from the sides. hope you enjoy it.

Attached Files:

10. y_wong New Member

Dear folks, another picture showing the various parts that make up the sharpshooter. This is to facililtate sculpting and painting. I am currently working on the knapsack and hopefully will be able to post something before the end of the year.

A MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL !!!! :lol:

Attached Files:

11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    LOOKS REALLY GOOD,Wong Yau (y) (y) !! Must see it in the flesh soon.Cheers !
    Kenneth :lol:
  12. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Good Wong!!! I was waiting for the finish figure, now I´ll wait see it painted...

Alex.
  13. y_wong New Member

thanks kenneth and alex and a merry christmas and happy new year to you.

14. georges64 Member

France
    very BEAUTIFUL Wong !! I´ll waiting it painted and be impatient to see your scenery/groundwork (sorry Wong for my english ,if you want I can tell it in french or greek !!! :) )

cheers georges64
  15. Manfred Active Member

Very nice sculpting and inspired pose (y)
  16. y_wong New Member

Dear Georges and manfred,

Thanks for the kind words. BTW Georges, your English is good enough for me. Since you are looking forward to my groundwork, I will consider doing a SBS of it in this thread.

Merry Christmas to both of you.
  17. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful work Wong.....I also look forward to your finished figure and groundwork.

Happy Holidays my friend
  18. y_wong New Member

Thanks Guy and happy holiday to you too.

19. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Wong, beautiful work,as usual, keep them coming. ;)

Keep up the great sculpting,

Roc :)
  20. Bluesking Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Wong, congratulations on a really nice figure.

Seasons Greetings and Happy New Year