1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Open Book Beneito US NAVY SEAL, VIETNAM 1968

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Tommi, Nov 10, 2011.

1. Tommi A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    US NAVY SEAL, VIETNAM 1968

main1.jpg main2.jpg

This is the second figure of the new releases from Beneito Miniatures. Sculpted by Jose Hidalgo it represents a US Navy Seal in Vietnam 1968. The kit is supplied in the usual foam lined box with outer sleeve showing colour box for painting reference, there is also a painting guide sheet included in the box. The Figure consists of seven white metal parts and two resin parts that make up the figure base. The figure is 54mm in scale.

Image1.jpg Image2.jpg

Front and rear views of the main one piece torso, we can see close up of the detail and casting quality. There is only a minimal clean-up of the parts with hairline mould seam lines to remove.

Image3.jpg

The left leg needs to be located in the flush fitting hip recess as indicated by the red line in the photo below, test fitting was good with no visible gaps.

Image4.jpg

A closer look at the face/head and upper torso for your inspection.

Image5.jpg

Smaller parts of the kit shown, the rifle is cast as part of the right arm along with the left hand, Canteens and knife show good detail also.

Image6.jpg Image7.jpg

The base is supplied in two resin parts which locate together very well.

Image8.jpg

Conclusion:
    Another fine addition to the US Vietnam range of figures from this long established company. Will fit in with other figures from their extensive range or great as a standalone piece. Test assembly was good and there is a minimal clean-up of parts. Highly Recommended.

Availability:
    Beneito web site: http://www.beneito.com/catalog/products_new.php

Tommi
    Trep, Series 7, pmfs and 2 others like this.
  2. Chris K New Member

United-Kingdom
    I like this ,I think beneitos being doing some great stuff recently especially since the Badajoz vignette (which i have almost finished cept for getting distracted by other projects) liked the chindit and the FFL too - good stuff esp the additional ground work with this

Thanks fo(y)r the review tommy
    combatartist likes this.
  3. Carlos69 Well-Known Member

England
    Thanks Tommy allways wondered what these castings were like,as I like there Nam range amongst others...

Carl
  4. Trep Active Member

United-States
    very cool pose on this figure, just wish it was in 1/35 scale
  5. Don Johnson Active Member

United-States
    Daniel, How do you know that it isn't 1/35th SCALE?
    Don't want to rehash the whole "scale vs size" debate here (too many other threads on that issue elsewhere), but isn't size and/or scale largely irrelevant for a stand-alone figure?
    If you are placing the figure with others, the only relevant issue is size/scale of equipment and arms - the rest is acceptable variation in the human form, isn't it?
    I'm not trying to take your comment out of context, but the whole 1/32 vs 54mm vs 1/35 thing seems . . . well, let's just say I could understand your comment better if you had said, for instance, "... just wish it was in 120mm/1/16th size/scale".
    Anyway, I hope that, if you like the figure, you won't let size-vs-scale get in the way of buying, painting, and enjoying this piece.
    Best regards, Don
    Don