1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Beneito French Foreign Legion 1863 Mexico

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Craig B, Dec 4, 2003.

1. Craig B New Member

Canada
    This is not a new kit but struck my interest in French Foreign Legion history. I was not familar with the Beneito line so I thought I would pass along a short review.

The casual stance of the figure and unique subject caught my attention. The kit is packaged in a small sturdy cardboard box with he parts sandwiched in foam. I don't have a picture of the bare parts as it turns out not really necassary. Only three parts are provided. The figure itself, the sword and a small metal square base. Head to heel, it measures about 63mm , so a bit large for a 54mm, but looks well proportioned. A small instuction book with history in Spanish and multilanguage painting instructions using Vallego paint numbers as a guide.

All the smalled details look well duplicated and there is a strong look to the face, with the facial features well defined. The folds in the clothing seem to flow well and look natural. Casting seams are minor and clean up easy except for between the legs where they are more pronounced and more difficult to get at.

I'm quite happy with the product and the only down side in that a breakdown of the figure into more parts would have allowed better definition of clothing and body parts.

Based on this kit I would buy more Beneito figures in the future, and the subject provides a bit of diversity.

Happy Modelling
    Craig B
  2. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks Craig for your review. Please post some pics as you progress with the painting.

(y)