WIP Critique Beneito 54mm Vlad Tepes

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by harrytheheid, Feb 27, 2012.

1. harrytheheid PlanetFigure Supporter

China
    I reckon I've got this old kit of Vlad around 90% there, but I'm unhappy about the fit of the strip of clothing just under the armour at the front. I painted it separately and glued it in place after the rest of the figure was painted. Guess I ought to have attached it first and blend it in better with some filler.
    Oh well, lesson learned. I'll maybe get it sorted out when I get home again.
    Any tips or comments welcomed.

Cheers
    H

VT-1.jpg VT_2.jpg VT_3.jpg VT_4.jpg
    dArtagnan, gordy and Guy like this.
  2. marco55 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Looks great Harry.Yeah I'm here also.
    Mark
  3. harrytheheid PlanetFigure Supporter

China
    Thanks Mark - but he could look better, and I know that myself, although I reckon some aspects of this particular figure might be my best work to date. I'll see what I can do to improve him a bit in 4 weeks time. I've another Renaissance figure that's nearing completion as well. As you'll be aware, I really like the era from around 600AD through to around 1600AD.

Cheers
    H
  4. debrito A Fixture

Canada
    Interesting pose....
    Nice one Harry (y)
  5. harrytheheid PlanetFigure Supporter

China
    Cheers Rod,
    I'm travelling at the moment, (presently stuck at CdeG airport in Paris for the next 8.5 hours), so it's going to be around 4~5 weeks before I can get back to painting again - but I reckon you in particular will like what I've got coming up next.
    Looking forward to your forthcoming completed WIP's.
    ;)
    Harry