1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Beneath the Pyramid

Discussion in 'Digis - Digital Miniatures 3D Modeling' started by MAX.I.G, Sep 8, 2013.

1. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    3d model and print
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Eludia, kaz6120, Braemp and 4 others like this.
  2. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I love the sculpt, and the print looks perfect. What is the scale ?
    mackich likes this.
  3. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    in 2 scales 54mm and 28mm
  4. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    I meant what is the scale of the shown print ;)
  5. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
  6. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Excellent vignette - the woman would paint up well as Patricia Velasquez from 'The Mummy Returns'

Meela.jpg
    captnenglish and MalcC like this.
  7. Jim Active Member

Will the 54mm version be commercially available? It could be the basis for a small shadowbox.
  8. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
  9. kaz6120 A Fixture

Japan
    Great sculpting work and clean print! Which print service do you use?
  10. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    We have our own mashine Evisiontec, so we are service, if you need good printing please write me artromance@gmail.com
    kaz6120 likes this.
  11. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Received these superb figures this week.
    I can say that are absolutely perfect in cast and form.
    They are small, as pics below and not 54 mm as we know, but detail is perfect , I would say closer to 48mm and short of 1/35. They are definitely not 54mm.

That said, detail is so fine, it will be very easily removed under a primer and this I see the downfall of scaling down.
    Everything including depth is scaled down and we know that compensation has to be made for this during sculpt and moulding .
    They are mint in scale and sculpt and perfect figures.
    They reminded me of by Cludo pieces, and there I realised this method has been used in mass production before.
    As said, perfect miniatures and I would buy more from Max IG without a doubt , but detail is so fine, very very fine that downsizing from a larger sculpt seems to have it own battle in the perfection is too perfect, however in time I am sure this will be compensated for .
    If this is the path for certain production figures, then now holding in my hands I can see a very bright future, but no less or better than produced manually.
    Hornet heads ? Perfection and each piece there and after is sculpted according to the scale for production :)
    Pic below
    Gra
    image.jpg image.jpg
    pokrad likes this.
  12. Gra30 PlanetFigure Supporter

Sorry for the dirty blade, only for scale
    I think these are perfect examples of brilliant 3d sculpting and manufacture .
    My comments are only as to how downsizing of a sculpt affects everything . The ankles on the mummy are 5 palm lines ( being generous). If received as a master and
    after a metal spin it would not hold .
    I understand scales can be changed but can bulk also be to taken into account of casting reduction if metal and normal if resin .
    If to be cast in metal, after initial print, then that would need to be accounted for, perfection on screen doesn't result in the same after moulding and cast .
    The mummy is great , but very thin. It suits this piece but now holding a piece I can see the pros and areas of concern better .
    Thank you Max, very happy with this piece and will be back
    Best wishes
    Ps please see how good casting works, why would a home 3d printer be needed when you can get quality like this using traditional moulding just a new method of creating a master either this way or by tradition sculpting.
  13. MAX.I.G Well-Known Member

Latvia
    Thank you for this great openbox! About scale: then i design figures i use female 170cm high, and then i print i just divide to 32.
    pokrad and Gra30 like this.
  14. pokrad A Fixture

Croatia
    Fantastic !!! I tried printing once with Shapeways, and this can't be compared to their lousy work- completely different dimension ;)
    When this kind of prints will be affordable, I'll be printing some figures for sure, meanwhile slowly learning Blender...