1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bench Residents

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Figure Mad, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Well guys

After a small recess into the world of non painting, I decided enough was enough. So back to the bench I went and this so far is the results .......

Comments all welcome and digested

1. Almost finished little JMD bust
    2. Pegaso 75mm mounted Hussar
    3. Romeo 90mm Crusader, started this one at Letchworth, but since then have repainted the face

Dave

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  2. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Nice and welocme back to the bench

The two faces look lovely, expressive. Snot nosed ork, veteran Templar.

The groundwork with water, fish, looks impressive, so far. Is that a Bass? (what I know about fish is that they are usually crumbed, then cooked for 5 minutes under the grill, and come in a box in the frozen food section at the supermarket) It adds so much to the water corner!!

What did you use for the water, I have hopes of doing something like that one day!

Great so far,
    cheers
  3. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Great work,the Orc is super

Jay
  4. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    All these will keep you busy for a while, like the colours of the Orc and the water is very nice.

David
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Dave,

Lovely work on the Templar. The Orc looks suitably gruesome. The Hussar will be a show stopper.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work as usual Dave,

Marc
  7. Mark S Guest

Dave I love the work you've done on the Bust and the Templar face is great,but I've got to say that I think the water and fish on the Hussar just doesn't work for me.It's such a brilliant sculpt that the pond is an unnecessary and an incongruous distraction.
    It's beautifully executed but I reckon it's on the wrong figure.
  8. dimgall Active Member

Greece
    very nice faces!!!
  9. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    excellent work
    I like the fish
  10. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work so far Dave.
  11. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Guys

Thanks very much for the comments all are appreciated and digested, I will update when I get some more done.

The fish was printed from a picture, one the right way round the other mirror imaged then stuck together, then he was curved and the back side of him was glued to the reed, before the resin was dripped into place over him and the base of the reed to prevent bubbles, then poured the rest of the resin till it was upto the top of the clear plastic stuck on the sides, waited 24 hours to let it settle and then added a small amount of the clear resin on top of the first load to make it completely level.

Dave