1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Beginner what paints ?

Discussion in 'Tools of the Trade/Accessories' started by Toeknee, Nov 20, 2021.

1. Toeknee New Member

Hi guys hope this in the right place and I now this has been gone over numerous times so sorry about that.

I have been doing my due diligence on paints and what I need to start off with I will be going with acrylics now the question which do I go for so would like if you don't mind a bit of input from you guys

The first one I have been looking at are the AK 3rd gen and they have a set to start you off
    [IMG]

2nd I have been looking at are the reaper kits the core and the layer the only problem I see with those I dont want the brushes or the minis that come with.

3rd I have been looking at and really like the look of is the artists acrylic in a tube scale75 or the AK
    [IMG]

the last one I looked at id the scale 75 set they do now it is a lot but it would be doing double duty on my dioramas
    [IMG]

So any input would be greatly appreciated also brushes I do have W&N series 7 but dont really want to start off with them can any nody point me in the right direction for some decent flats and rounds I already have a lot of brushes but a few more directed at figures would be great.

Thanks for readiing this
    Tony
  2. Nap A Fixture

England
    Tony

BIG WELCOME to PF ( do introduce yourself in the Welcome Aboard part )

Have a look in the Painting Techniques, there's Acrylics and Oils sections

Suggest you look at Rosemary and Co for the brushes , really good quality and excellent service

Nap