1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

For Sale Beautiful Olive Wood, hand made bases for all tastes (ebay).

Discussion in 'Market & Commissions' started by Kisifer, Sep 4, 2013.

1. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
  2. DALE Active Member

Italy
    if the bases with the lift height 3 to 5cm maintaining the same profile you i will take care;)
  3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    What do you mean my good friend. Sorry but I didn't understand your post :)

Xenofon
  4. Meticulous Member

United-States
    It would be helpful to include the sizes in both inches and millimeters.
  5. DALE Active Member

Italy
  6. DALE Active Member

Italy
    or more than 5 cm :)
  7. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
  8. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Ohh that's a very good point. I will also add the inches equivalent. Thanks.

Xenofon
  9. Meticulous Member

United-States
    Please understand, I am not too lazy to do the conversion myself...

I have looked at them several times, but I always hesitate to purchase because I cannot judge their true size (even with the cm to mm/inch conversion data). If you can add the exact dimensions in cm, mm, and inches, you should have covered the basics (since the top edges are sometimes beveled, be sure to include the "working surface" measurement too).

There was another fellow on eBay who was using Adobe Photoshop of Illustrator to add in dimension lines so that you could see the size from every angle. This was very helpful and clever...

I am also a bit concerned that the base(s) might be a bit "beat up" in the post... nothing worse than a lovely base with dings and dents (unless it is a lovely figured with a smashed nose).

Also, don't forget the 90mm scale... I work with 70mm-90mm pieces, and it is getting tough to find nice bases for 90mm mounted kits.
  10. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very good points my friend. I will make sure in my next listings to include the dimensions in inches too and indicate that they are for the working area.

Regarding the shipping of my bases, so far I had 0 complains and I have shipped all over the world. I wrap my bases with several layers of bubble wrap, ensuring that they will arrive safe to the customer.

Finally, about larger scales, I'm trying to find a dimension that would satisfy most of the larger scale modellers, so I can mass produce it. It's really hard for me to change dimesions very often. (so what's your suggestion? :) )

Xenofon
  11. Meticulous Member

United-States
    My best suggestion would be to measure several 90mm horses for mounted bases (better manufacturers such as Pegaso, Poste Miliatire, etc.) and use them as a baseline. I would guess a base that is somewhere between 4 and 6 inches long and 3 to 4 inches wide (perhaps 2 to three inches tall) as a "standard" size for a mounted kit. The extra room around the horse will allow for easier handling without damaging swords, lances, etc. that might be protruding.

Just my $0.02...
    Kisifer likes this.
  12. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
  13. Mark S Guest

I can assure anyone who may be concerned about packaging that I've bought bases from Xenofon before and I have always received them in excellent condition due to the excellent bubble wrap packaging....and that's after travelling half way around the world.
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  14. polyphemus Well-Known Member

I'd agree with Mark's comments. Excellent product & service.

Geoff
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  15. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Thanks a lot for the comments guys :) I would be glad to send you more bases :) Take all care.

Xenofon
  16. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Hello fellows,

one more day left for the beautiful olive wood bases and some will find their way out. Lets sold out. New bases are waiting to come up :)

Xenofon
  17. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    Updated with more exciting bases. Check them out.

Best Regards
    Xenofon
  18. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi Guys ,

I have orderd several of these I will feedback on them when they arrive .I have high hopes for them ...and lots of model heading their way .

Nap
    Kisifer likes this.
  19. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    New bases :) Check them out :)

Best regards
    Xenofon

Attached Files:

20. Nap A Fixture

England
    Hi to one and all ,

I received the bases yesterday ....my thoughts :