1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Beautiful Display Cases from Bases by Bill

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Capt. Warren, May 28, 2021.

1. Capt. Warren Active Member

United-States
    If you need a beautiful custom display case for your finished product, I can recommend Bases By Bill.

Bill Wedeward and his son Weston have been successful plastic modelers for years.

Bill has also been a woodworker for 40 years and Weston is a degreed mechanical engineer.

Together they can create custom designs in wood for a variety of purposes.

Lighting for the display cases is an option.

Check them out at www.basesbybill.com.

They are located in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA. The photos with this post are of a display case they just made for me for my Apocalypse project.

As an example, this display cost $70.00 USD + shipping. 075ccbd4-94a9-4a97-afeb-55feccfc5f2a.jpg

Two additional photographs.... 2429df03-f8c8-402e-acd1-4c282488fcb6.jpg f731c4f2-6de3-4a65-b19c-116a15df12f0.jpg
    KenBoyle, 1969, MCPWilk and 3 others like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi there

Thanks for showing the display , certainy ideal for modellers on the other side of the pond

Finish looks excellent and well thought out

Is Perspex and glass available ?

Did BBB do the nameplate as well nice carving

Appreciate your tine

Nap
  3. Capt. Warren Active Member

United-States
    Nap: Thanks for letting this migrate to Review. BBB did the name plate and even (without my input) selected a type face that was consistent with the subject. It appears that they laser engrave these (and many more things - like awards and such (see their website). I sent an email to BBB this am to inquire about Perspex and glass availability.
    Nap likes this.
  4. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Quality work and bargain at $70.00.
    What wood is it, Oak?
    Cheers
    Steve
    Nap likes this.
  5. Capt. Warren Active Member

United-States
    Nap: I just heard back from the vendor. Right now they are doing plexiglass which I think is the same as Perspex, but Bill says that they are ready to start using glass. Apparently they just finished a case for a ship display in some museum and I think he said it was nearly 10 feet long. They had to travel to deliver and cut the plexiglass on site because it was too large to ship! Amazing guys! My case arrived yesterday and I will post some photos once I have Apocalypse mounted.
    Nap likes this.
  6. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for sharing the info, Warren! I had a look at the website and I've shared the link in our MFCA Facebook group, too. Where to find bases and display cabinets is a common question, and this'll be of interest to many, I'm sure.

Prost!
    Brad
    Nap likes this.