1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Beast for fantasy scene

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by SRP, Nov 4, 2010.

1. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    This is the third guy for a fantasy scene I have in mind.
    I have used a yellow undercoat because he is going to be green and painted in oils. I will be using a brush on/wipe off technique..which is covering the yellow with a dark green oil mix...leave a while..about 30 mins..then with soft clean brushes..gently brush the oils off until you start to expose the yellow underneath..just enough to give see through yellow highlights. Then let dry..overnight then start to add more shade/highlight..this way it won't dirty the original oil green and you have more control. I'm using oils because I want the guy to have a sheen to his skin. Post more pics later. Figure is 54mm 1/32 scale

Attached Files:

• 10.jpg
      10.jpg
      File size:
      188.1 KB
      Views:
    rej, Trep and gordy like this.
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Nice explanation from your technique.

Marc
  3. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Great mate - a technique I sometimes use, I also sometimes add a little white spirits depending on the effect I need/want sometimes not.;)
  4. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    nice start to this beast

Ian
  5. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I like the technique ..as you can use it on all colors with the relevant undercoat...works great on metals too.
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Look forward to seeing how this turns out Steve.

Cheers David
  7. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Steve

Good start to an interesting figure

You are a brave man! assemblying him first and then painting I did this figure earlier this year and had bits of him on cocktail sticks all over the place!

Do you find it easier to do it this way?

Cheers

John

Attached Files:

8. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    That looks VERY good...hope mine comes out as well....I suppose I'm a bit of a sadist John...yes..I always fully assemble my figures first...I find it helps me locate the natural shadows...under arms..between legs etc...I just like to paint in one piece as much as possible....plus I'd only lose bits if it was separate..another piece rattling around inside the vacuum cleaner..!!!
  9. Normo Active Member

United-Kingdom
    HI Steve
    Glad you like him he was fun to paint and made a refreshing change from the usual military stuff

Know what you mean about bits and things getting lost I have a light coloured carpet in the area where I work and its a devil to find little bits when they escape on the carpet!

My other half is banned from hoovering up in there! must be almost a complete figure somewhere in that carpet!

Look forward to seeing how your figure progresses

Cheers

John
  10. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I'm quite new to fantasy John....military guy really..but it makes a nice change to paint something any color you want.the freedom...!!!!
    My carpet is quite plain..but what the vacuum doesn't get.....the cat does...!!!
  11. rej Well-Known Member

Malta
    Looking forward to this outcome with great anticipation!!!

Ray ;)