1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

beantown 2005

Discussion in 'Miniature Clubs' started by johnnyboy, Apr 2, 2004.

1. johnnyboy New Member

hi everybody i know this is over a year early but wanted to see if anyone is comming to boston ma for world expo.http://www.boston2005.com/i hope all of you are :) it wouild be nice to meet everyone. well cheers johnnyboy
  2. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    Johny, I do plant to attend but for how long, I don't know. I'll have to wait for a show schedule before I can say how long I'll be able to afford to be there. I'm sure the room rates are a special deal but theyr'e still pretty expensive for my blood.

Hope to see everyone else there, Jim
  3. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Well Im planning to go if not any "force majora" comes in the way. Its quite a bit to travel over the pond.

Ive also seen the roomrates and I confess to being a cheap bastard at times. But arent there any Motel6 or similar nearby?
  4. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    I also plan to go barring any major problems.

There are plenty of hotels in Boston that are much cheaper, but be careful. There are some "unpleasant" parts of the city that Hotels.com may not tell you about.
  5. johnnyboy New Member

well lou is right there are some shady areas you could end up in,but if you stay in quincy or braintree there are some reasonable hotels and its 15 min from the city.there is all so a train that goes right in there.so if anyone has any questions about the area just let me know i live in quincy right outside of boston thanks johnnyboy
  6. Roc Active Member

United-States
    I'll be there, God willing.

Roc.
  7. Uruk-Hai PlanetFigure Supporter

Sweden
    Hi Johny!

Thanks for the offer. I would really apreciate if I could have a name or two on Hotels/Rooms/Motels that I could check with.

Ive done some searching on the net but havent found anything but these 100$ a night hotels.

Thanks

Perhaps I should look for those shady parts Lou mentioned, seems to be right up my alley. ;)
  8. Lepman New Member

I'm planning on it. As most people have said, the roon rates are rather steep, not including the low exchange rate of the Canadain "Looney". Perhaps the organizers can present a list of accomodations that are more reasonably priced but still within easy reach of the show? Please, not rooms that are rented by the hour. LOL.

Ken Neil
  9. JBoisson New Member

Hi All
    Being a cheapskate from way back I never stayed at a show venue hotel for the first few years of attending shows, always opting for cheapest closest alternative rationalizing that the $40-$60 a night savings would be blown at the vendors tables anyway. This turned out to be not a great tactic at the 2000 Expo in Glasgow as I was continueously forced to negotiate three blocks of Sauchihall Street discovering to my near regret along the way that the alcohol content of a Glaswegian Guiness is far more potent than the San Francisco variety to which I am more accustommed. The point is, I felt as if I was missing out on something. Aside from the damage to my liver, there I was, a lonely jet-lagged lout stumbling my way back on the ancient cobblestones of a foriegn city to my cold distant little room with a fistful of figures. When I began staying at show hotels, I discovered I truly had missed out. The convenience and camaraderie at show venues is easily worth the extra ducats. If you can possibly swing it, definitely do stay at the show hotel, it simply makes a better show experience. See ya 'all there whatever yer accomodations-Cheers~John

p.s. Yo JohnnyBoy (love that handle being a Sopranos fan) Is Fenway close to the hotel? Sure would be nice to catch a game although I understand you practically have to inherit the game tickets-Cheers
  10. Pete_H New Member

John B.,
    No, Fenway is not within walking distance. However, it's just a few stops away on the T, and there is a T station just around the corner from the hotel. The question is - will the BoSox be in town or not?
  11. Lepman New Member

John: Your probably right. Having to leave something early and get back to your hotel room at another place would probably be a pain. You'd spend more $$$ in cab fares than you would actually save plus miss out on the "social events".

Ken Neil
  12. johnnyboy New Member

john sopranos are awsome,well fenway isnt to far and the train systems are pretty good here so that shouldnt be a problem.i will check to see if there in town or not those dates thanks johnnyboy