1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bavarian Jager

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by mahross, Feb 11, 2006.

1. mahross New Member

This is the old Post Militaire kit. I have played around with the photos in Adobe Photoshop.

Ross :)

Attached Files:

2. mahross New Member

Here is a better photo taken by Dave Maddox.

Ross ;)

Attached Files:

3. Kisifer Well-Known Member

Greece
    I really like your sky blues Ross.. Is that acrylics or oils?

Xenofon
  4. mahross New Member

Xenofon - Ipaint in oils over an acrylics base coat. I have never been able to master acrylics despite my efforts.

5. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looks great, Ross! I have two PM Bavarians and I hope to get at them sometime...in my lifetime. :lol:
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done, Ross!!!

All the best,
    Dan
  7. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ross

I thought I recognised that figure, great colours mate, well painted

Dave
  8. Bruno New Member

Hi Ross,
    very nice to see a figurine of the history of my country. I'm Bavarian and not German and we Bavarians still claim to be different in menthlity and lifestyle from the rest of Germany. Bavaria is one of the oldest states in Europe and had the very interesting history of a small country between two Empires, Prussian and Austria. Until 1860 we could preserve our independence. Than after a war initiated from Prussia Bavaria was forced to become a part of Germany and Bavaria was also forced to join the French-Prussian war, the Bavarian people don't wanted. From this time is the Post Militair Figurine. Until the first World War, the Bavarians refused to us the "Pickelhaube" as helmet but had their traditional "Raupenhelm" "Catterpillar helmet", like this Jäger.

Thank you for presenting the history of my Country.

Best regards

Bruno
  9. mahross New Member

Cheers for the comments guys. It is a superb figure. I would love to do another one and convert him to a line infantryman.

Dvae - Yeah great photo. Hope you bring you camera to Aldershot. I may have to borrow you ;)

Bruno - Thats fine. I know what you mean. I currently teach A Level history to sixteen year olds and have recently been doing the unification of Germany in 1871 and have been trying get this idea that some 'Germans', like some Brits don't neccessarily see themselves as part of that country first. A bit like that the Welsh consider themselves Welsh first then British. I have tried to get them to think about this with Bavarians and Saxons etc. I'm glad you like the figure.