1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

BATTLE OF BEREZINA 1812

Discussion in 'Figure News' started by Edorta, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
    SNW-004 Battle of Berezina, 1812

NEW RELEASES SCALE75
    This figure depicts a French infantryman retreating from Russia where they had to fight against the Russian army and the harsh weather conditions. You can almost feel the exhaustion and the cold of this poor soldier. The figure is in 75mm and produced in high quality resin.

mail-1.jpg battle-of-berezina-1812.jpg battle-of-berezina-1812-2.jpg battle-of-berezina-1812-3.jpg battle-of-berezina-1812-4.jpg
    Manfred, Ingvarr B, OldTaff and 6 others like this.
  2. Martin Rohmann A Fixture

Germany
    Even painted by Julio Cabos...?

Cheers
  3. Zastrow.cuirassier A Fixture

France
    Pretty figurine, but the Russian campaign is not just the retreat of Russia.
    Especially when you know that the Berezina is not a defeat but a superb strategic victory.
    This has been forgotten. Those with a military background save it, the writers for schoolbooks have retained only the human drama.
    An affordable book by everyone on the subject:
    [IMG]

Translation of the Title : The passage of the Berezina: A victory in the rout

Finally, the Russian campaign is not just a retreat!
    OldTaff and KuK_Grenadier like this.
  4. megroot PlanetFigure Supporter

Netherlands
    Excellent sculpt.

Marc
  5. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    An interesting figure with a lot of interest to figure painters. The only thing I'd change is the headdress, it just looks too 'clean'. Otherwise - good stuff.
    Zastrow.cuirassier likes this.
  6. OldTaff PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Well, I'll dirty it up a bit, then....it won't stop me getting a jolly nice piece of casting. I wonder if any more like this are planned for the "1812 Winter Strategic Withdrawal Campaign" ? A few more companion figures would make a nice vignette. Just a suggestion, Scale 75 :D
    Zastrow.cuirassier likes this.