1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Battle for the Hedgerows 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by RobH, May 24, 2004.

1. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi all

latest installent(s)

Thanks again to Quang and his shoulder observations. As the manekin was wire based I carved away the top of the torso and moved the wire up and made adjustments. Then re-Magic Sculp(MS) it:
    [IMG]
    More carving now required, but it does look better!

A reminder of the gaiters:
    [IMG]

Now the lightweight HBT uniform trousers:
    [IMG][IMG]

As usual, constructive comments encouraged!

I've more photos to post later tonight

:lol:

Rob
  2. mvonb Member

The placement looks very natural now. What did you use for the earth mound? It looks like some mutant hand at the moment ;). Do you have any ideas for the foilage?
  3. Pete_H New Member

The new position of the shoulders & head looks more natural - good job! The gaiters have that inherent "sag" to them, which is looking really good (how are you going to do the lacings on them?) The right leg has a natural pose to it, but I'd recommend a bit more sag between the hip and the knee (afterall, he is laying on a mound ;) ). Perhaps it's the picture, but doesn't the left knee look a bit thick?

Looking good! Oh, and keep the mutant hand. Say he's a GI fighting some evil alien from some cheesy '50's Sci-Fi movie :lol: ;)
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Looks terrific Rob. The whole thing is going to work well.
  5. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers folks!

The mutant hand is simply the Super Sculpey 'mock-up' of the groundwork.....works well for photos!

Pete; think I'll do the lacing (and any other detailing) in Kneadatite. I'll look at what I can do on the sagging trouser leg. Cos I've got more photos:
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG][IMG]
    That's the pockets of his HBT's done, and some additional creases.

For his webbing, I'm trying to place the webbing onto the torso before sculpting the clothing, in order to get some 'puckering' of the shirt beneath:
    [IMG]

Rob
  6. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    I had intended to use kit parts for the equipment but thought it would be interesting to scratchbuild some parts I thought might push me a little:
    [IMG]
    The dark one is a tamiya one.

will post pics of the entrenching tool soon

Rob
  7. quang Active Member

Belgium
  8. Hardy Guest

Looking ace Rob, too bad you are going to be the only one to paint it. :)
  9. mvonb Member

Just getting better and better

Happy modelling

Martin
  10. LCoote New Member

Australia
    Excellent Rob ! nice to see you tackling the equipment as well.
  11. jitch0t Member

Spain
    he's coming out really nicely Rob, keep us posted 'cause these sbs make me learn :lol:
  12. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for the positive comments folks!

Hardy; make's it all the more special (mind you, he's actually multi part so I could cast him.......if I had a clue where to start)

Leigh: it's actually fun tackling the equipment! cheers for your inspiration!

More pics soon

Rob
  13. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GREAT JOB,Rob (y) (y) !! Looking forward to further updates from you ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :)
  14. Manfred Active Member

Very lifelike folds on the trousers !

Go Rob (y)
  15. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Hey Rob, that is looking extremely good.Show us more please.

Stephen Mallia
  16. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Rob, Very very nice. It's amazing to see suggestions/comments from other members can help a project to evolve into something special. I really like the pose of the figure.~Gary (y)
  17. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks for all the positive encouragement, Folks!

I'm making progress, and tackled something I was dreading, the cartridge belt:
    [IMG][IMG]
    [IMG]

two applications of MS.....one to build the five individual pouches with the gap big enough for a grommet(?), and a second to place the flaps, detail being added as it cured. Still some cleaning up and the probable application of more MS to tweak bits. I'm pretty happy that it looks like a cartridge belt! Will add snap fasteners using Kneadatite later.......

starting on the second set of pouches

:lol:

Rob
  18. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    also a progress shot of the entrenching tool: all MS:
    [IMG]

fixing up the shape, carving the handle to shape, and then the bag itself

Rob
  19. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Rob,

Man you are doing a really great job on this little gem! (y) I look forward to seeing more pictures.

Joe
  20. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great Rob...........Like Joe....More pics!!!!