1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Battle for the Hedgerows 1944

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by RobH, May 9, 2004.

1. jitch0t Member

Spain
    Looking great Rob! i may agree with the head position now, it depends on the story you want to tell.

BTW, did you recieve my pm?

Regards
  2. RobH Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Cheers folks!

Want to get him to look like he's nervous as he looks over the hedge.....fighting was nasty and initially these guys had no tactics on how to deal with it.
    His head needs to vanish into his neck a bit.....

Daniel; I've got it!

Rob
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Well done Rob. It looks like you changed the viewing angle just right. The head change is perfect. (y)
  4. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Looking GREAT so far Rob! I think you've got it!!

I feel the composition forces the viewer to look at the whole figure. Well done :)
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    I like this positioning better Rob!
  6. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    GOOD JOB,Rob (y) (y) ;the new pose looks AWESOME !! Quang is certainly very perceptive when it comes to figure positioning and composition.I'm sure glad that he is back on the "planet" ! Looking forward to the next step,Rob; the gaiters look very good too ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  7. Pete_H New Member

Good job on the repositioning! A sideways view - as you have him in your first picture with the repositioned head - provides just enough of a view of the GI's face. It would also reinforce the GI's perspective - that of viewing some enemy at a distance. Funny, but I was thinking a round base for the groundwork would work too. However, this may limit the top edge of the hedgerow since, afterall, you would be dealing with a round base.

Ah, decisions decisions ...
  8. homellop Active Member

Spain
    Hi Rob
    Good job.I liked him wathing his back and I like the repositioning too.
    I'm for the round base.
    Best regards
  9. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Looks good, Rob!

I've posted some minor mods which I think would add to the sculpt

HERE

The base should be chosen very carefully as it would make or break your composition.

In this particular case, I think a square/rectangular base is more adequate, contrary to Pete and Jaume's opinions (sorry, guys ;)).

Here's why. It's easier to compose within a square/rectangular shape (like the page of a book) and therefore direct the viewer's eye accordingly to the designer's wish. You can 'manipulate' the viewer and make him see what you want him to see, in the precise order you have decided. This is the very purpose of composition.

That would be more difficult (and in certain cases impossible) with a circular base because there's simply no start and no finish.

Just my point of view, of course. :)

Q.
  10. Edson Member

Mexico
    I has been trying to make the armature like you buddy, but I can print it in the right size..... :( any advise??

btw, really good job , I love to see the process that bring to the life a figure!! :)

Cheers
    Ed
  11. Lou Masses Member

United-States
    Excellent!

It does look much better that way. I would have to agree with Quang on the rectabgualr base, you have more control over the viewing. I think also with a round base ou'd have to add more groundwork and the focus would be lost.

Lou