1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Baron von Münchhausen

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sven, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Sven A Fixture

A merry Christmas to all of you all over the world.
    Just in time with Santa’s presents, I more or less finished my work on my latest project. It’s Baron von Münchhausen from Fan Art Models in 1/9 scale. A cute bust of great quality and with a lot to offer for any painter. I tried some new things, e.g. I wanted to give his coat some texture without getting overboard with it. Maybe the result is too subtle.

With no uniform color chart to follow, this bust gives you total freedom with regard to your color choice and I was very happy with that.

Hope you like it and again, Merry Christmas to all of yo from Berlin.

Sven
    IMG_E1547.JPG 1.JPG 4.JPG IMG_E1543.JPG IMG_E1553.JPG IMG_E1550.JPG
  2. MoboSchreuder A Fixture

Beautiful paintwork

Mobo
  3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nicely done. I'm hoping to receive this as a late Christmas/birthday gift.
  4. Sven A Fixture

Mobon and captnenglish,
    thank you a lot for taking the time to comment. Much appreciated.

Sven
    captnenglish likes this.
  5. Chris Oldfield A Fixture

England
    Excellent work, Sven - I like what you’ve done with the highlights & shading on the scarlet coat, & the pinstripes on the waistcoat look superb, very precise. Well done & thanks for sharing here.
  6. clrsgt A Fixture

United-States
    Everything is very well done.
  7. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi Sven

That's a great looking sculpt and you've painted this well ....the red is a good choice and as you say freedom to paint as you wish

Agree ref the waistcoat really nicely done

Why not enter FOTM as well as voting in the previous months

Seasons greetings and a great 2020

Happy benchtime

Nap
  8. ArtMin Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Nap likes this.
  9. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Nicely done! The Baron is a favorite subject of mine (as shown by my avatar), and you did an excellent job on this bust. Someone else pointed out your pinstriping on his vest, and I agree, I'm impressed with your results.

Regarding the color of his coat, it's true that traditional depictions put him in a Prussian blue Rock. But Terry Gilliam dressed his Baron in a red coat, and I've always wondered if that wasn't a reference to the real Baron, who was in the Russian service in the 1740s and served in a cuirassier regiment. If I'm not mistaken, the Galarock of that regiment was red. But the red coat looks cool, whatever the reason.

Again, well done!

Prost!
    Brad
    ArtMin likes this.