1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Barbarians

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Sergey Popovichenko, Oct 28, 2010.

1. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Germans from Rest Models

Attached Files:

2. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Next...

Attached Files:

Christos, BarrieHynd, Trep and 4 others like this.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Great piece of work Sergey. The inclusion of dead bodies was mentioned in another thread recently, in this context it works perfectly, giving the scene a sense of drama.

Roger.
  4. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Thank you, Roger!!!
  5. tissibzh Active Member

France
    pfui!!
    that's masterpainting
    i have to buy news handkerchieves in front of such pieces!!
    excellent work sergey, I love celts figures
  6. merlinoilmago Member

Italy
    Hi Sergey,
    very very fine!
    Great job!
    Compliments for this masterpiece.
    Merlinoilmago
  7. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Thanks, Christian!!! A handkerchief can buy. I soon will show the new Celt. :cool:
    Thanks, Merlinoilmago !!!
  8. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Great work Sergey.

Marc
  9. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very nice little vignette Sergey!

Jay H.
  10. Krest063 Active Member

Russian-Federation
    Very good Sergei, very good)))
  11. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Sergey,
    Great little vignette with lots of action.
    Cheers
    John
  12. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Excellent painting Sergey,

I agree with Roger that the dead body in this scene provides some context and drama to this scene in a way that is not gratuitous or offensive. As a result it becomes integral to the scene. Well done.
  13. rheath Active Member

South-Africa
    Super Serg !!:)
  14. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Outstanding work. I love the entire scene and the painting is excellent.
  15. Ferris A Fixture

Wow, that's a cool vignette!
    The after-the-battle atmosphere is captured very well.

The dead roman fits in well.
    I have no issues with dead figures anyway if it is somehow functional. We are almost exclusively concerned with military subjects and war, so why not acknowledge that for every smiling, triumphant soldier there are quite a couple of dead ones... War is no fun and can turn gentlemen into animals, why shy away from that? Woops, out flies another opinion... :)

Back on topic: nice painting!

Cheers,
    Adrian
  16. Felduniform A Fixture

Germany
  17. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Sergey..nice vignette....great painting...
  18. Sergey Popovichenko A Fixture

Ukraine
    Thanks to all who spoke, for the good feedback! I am very pleased that you liked my work. I hope it does not produce negative and repulsive. In life, I myself is very peaceful and kind person. But in the vignettes, sometimes I feel like a bit of cruelty. If it is connected with the ancient warriors and battles. In those days, unfortunately, it was commonplace.
    And for an interesting composition should thank the company's Rest Models from Ukraine. And sculptor Gagarin.
  19. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    I like little vignettes that offer many items on them.Very nice painting!!!
    chris
  20. pinsel Active Member

Germany
    hello
    i was reluctant to write something the painting is fine.but there are some thing which does not suit.the dead roman gives an timeframe of around 1 century Bc-100 AD.here one would think on the teutonic forrest battle.but here then you deal with germanics not celts.one thing which does not suit is the helmet of one warrior in the scalearmour this is of late form.then the axe which shall be an franziska does not suit the time and the shape is wrong.then we have the dragon standart.while celts did use the carnyx the use not the drago.this was an item the sarmats used and was adopted by roman army in the time of around 300-400 Ad.so again this does not suit because the secene depicted is to early and germanics did not use the drago.then there are severall smaller details like shieldbosses ect ect
    one sees while its artistic fine one does find lots of nickles in historian regards.
    one can not do enough research before one starts such projects.
    dare to write this because Gordy wrote he does think such historic inaccuracies may be named.
    hope noone is upset by this.i want not sound nosy and want not start any fight,i myself could not bring it out the way the builder of this have done.from the modellers skill its high end.but plagued by some historical flaws
    cheers