1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Barbarian tribe (75 mm)

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Alex, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Hi everyone

Here are a few pictures of the project I have been working on for the last 9 months.
    In addition to the saber tooth cat, there are three figures in this vignette.

This project was made in honor of F. Frazetta (reverse of flag is based on one of his paintings)

All metals are now in NMM (not showing in these since I have not taken recent pictures of the figures)

Custom copper and stainless steel flag

Nothing is finished, a lot to do on both sides of the flag
    Flag surface is 6x6 cms

Crappy phone pictures for this wip

Cheers

Alex

20190409_175406.jpg 20190409_175230.jpg 20190409_175329.jpg 20190409_175116.jpg 20190409_175329.jpg 20190419_152717.jpg 20190629_152335.jpg 20190629_152431.jpg 20190629_180925.jpg 20190630_135343.jpg
  2. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    More pictures .. 20190630_172308.jpg 20190630_184107.jpg
    Edorta, b00gie, MaxTheDoc and 6 others like this.
  3. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    by the way, banner is the 2nd version since first one was a little bit too heavy and I didn't like it as much as the current one image.jpeg image.jpeg
    Edorta, b00gie, gforceman and 5 others like this.
  4. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    the wood base was also made specifically for this vignette.... my work as well

the current position of the figures was chosen so that the cat and the lady are looking at the same spot while the rider and the old guy are looking the other way, as if they have just stopped at a crossroad and looking where they will go next .. or maybe they are just waiting for the enemy tribe to close on them.. who knows ?
    malc likes this.
  5. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Current state of the figures (NMM in these, cloak finished) 20190706_085109.jpg 20190706_085052.jpg 20190706_085027.jpg 20190706_085022.jpg
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Super-cool fantasy vignette beautifully done.

- Steve
    Alex likes this.
  7. Wheels Active Member

United-States
    stunning
    Alex likes this.
  8. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Superb Alex (y)

If I may...the layout is sound in the story...but presents a difficult choice on how to display it.
    I would also suggest some higher contrast values in the 'sabre tooth's' coat...more white would help the definition.
    Just my personal observations on a great vignette in the making.

Respect

Ron
    Alex likes this.
  9. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hmnnn... flesh, fur, fabric and flag :cool:

Not my thing but a great job nevertheless (y)
    Alex likes this.
  10. Alex A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Ron
    Thanks for the comments. Yes the 'cat' will get more pale hair on the top and bottom but only when the basing will be done and all other figures as well. Only at that time will I be able to balance everything. The layout was dictated by the fact that the rider was looking down to his right (almost at his feet) while the beast was looking completely the opposite way and also in order to prevent front figures from obscuring details on the central beast/rider. Banner was made to add height to the the vignette (beast is also 2 cms higher than 'ground' floor for same reason.
    Riper will also change color to very dark blue/grey because the purple is just too purple and doesn't fit as well
    The beast sculpted by J Palacios is also much more muscular than a current tiger so the painting imho should reflect the muscles as well as the fur coat, both at the same time which is not easy to do !

cheers
    Alex image.jpeg
    kagemusha, malc and Perseas like this.
  11. malc PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    That's quite a piece of work you have there Alex.

I was intrigued that you chose to do NMM.
    Alex likes this.
  12. igor_belousov Active Member

Ukraine
    amazing view
    Alex likes this.
  13. Jed Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Fantastic work indeed
    Alex likes this.
  14. Landrotten Highlander Well-Known Member

very cool idea. Like it a lot
    Alex likes this.