1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Barbarian King

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by Lancer, Mar 26, 2005.

1. Lancer Active Member

Hi All
    Just finished this piece! Picked it up in Wales from The Firing Line in 1995 and finally decided to paint it!
    Cheers
    Mark

Attached Files:

2. Lancer Active Member

One more shot!

Attached Files:

3. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Mark, it looks nice, but I think the lights are a bit to strong.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  4. Lancer Active Member

Hey Roc
    You may be right, the camera didn't pick up the true colors either, eg. the tunic is a deep blue but looks grey to me on the photo. I've found over the years that being color blind forces me to over emphasize the shadows and highlights. I did figures in the past with what I thought was wonderfully subtle tones only to have others ask where the shawdows and highlights were. These days I have to overdo everything so that others see the changes in tones, might have overdone this one too much!
    Cheers
    Mark
  5. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Mark, the painting of the figure is very good, I think if you photograph your figures under natural light with a medium blue background you might get better results.

Cheers
    Roc.