1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP Critique Bar Brawl! - 1:30 (54 mm) Altores Studio

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Marcin Morawski, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Hi, guys! And happy New Year!
    Would you allow me one more cowboy topic? So at the end of the movie and western adventure.
    It's happening somewhere in the Wild West, "Once in the Saloon", as the author titled it. Guys had to argue over money, maybe a quarrel after a stagecoach robbery and trouble is ready. Or maybe it's just the woman...

In box.
    Cardboard box in a dust jacket with a picture:
    PB060373.JPG

Inside I found six zipper bags, divided by theme, three with figurines, two with trinkets and one with large diorama elements.

Floors, walls, counter ... There are no assembly instructions inside, but you can't go wrong as each piece has a different number of dowels, you just need to align it properly. The diorama is divided into two parts, it can be glued together and conveniently held, while painting.
    PC250077.JPG PC250078.JPG

The back part of the wall, I'll be able to play with the aging of the wood...
    PC250079.JPG

The railings, unfortunately to be replaced, slightly deformed, I will make them from syringe needles
    PC250080.JPG

Bartender - poor guy, little scared, especially at the back nicely done, it is a pity that you will not see much:
    P1030089.JPG P1030090.JPG P1030086.JPG P1030087.JPG P1030091.JPG

Gun #1, beautiful, just look at these spurs!
    P1030093.JPG P1030094.JPG P1030102.JPG

Gun #2 P1030103.JPG

Some trinkets, glass, bottles, bartender's sawed-off gun is also here
    P1030104.JPG

Barrel and boxes, clock and counter brackets:
    P1030105.JPG

I will replace the set bottles with 3D printed ones made of transparent colored resin, just like the boxes. I also plan to make some decals and inscriptions for the boxes.

Well, I have to finish my Plague Doctors... I don't like to have too much unfinished projects.

Stay safe, friends.
    Nordman, Oda, dmcHobbes and 6 others like this.
  2. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great looking set which I have my eye on so will be following with interest :)

Happy New Year and stay safe
    Paul
    Oda, Viking Bob and Marcin Morawski like this.
  3. Steve Brodie PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    looks great
    Marcin Morawski likes this.
  4. KenBoyle PlanetFigure Supporter

United-States
    An impressive kit for sure and, of course, I love the western period.

Looking forward to your progress. :)

Cheers,
    Ken
    Oda, Marcin Morawski and Viking Bob like this.
  5. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    Following, looks a very interesting scene and a lot of painting.
  6. bucsfan21 Well-Known Member

United-States
    Like this very much! Lots of action. Great attention to detail! (y) Altores does some nice stuff! Thanks for sharing as I love the American West!

Terry Martin-Member of the Atlanta Military Figure Society :)
    Marcin Morawski and KenBoyle like this.
  7. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    Thanks gentlemen for the nice words!

I glued the main components together. It was not without the use of boiling water, some parts were slightly warped. I fill small gaps with plasticine before applying the primer. I didn't make rails from syringe needles, they would be too thin, I used set ones.
    P1080110.JPG P1080111.JPG P1080112.JPG P1080113.JPG P1080114.JPG

It turns out that a lot of what is inside will be visible.
    P1080115.JPG

I plan to make a folding base. this way we'll be able to see more precisely what is behind the bar...
    P1080116.JPG

...because I will replace the set boxes with printed crates:
    sk 1.jpg sk2.jpg
    ww1.png ww2.png

Greetings!
    KenBoyle, Martin64, Nordman and 3 others like this.
  8. Oda A Fixture

One of Altores' greatest releases.Following with interest.

Oda.
  9. Marcin Morawski A Fixture

Poland
    A base:
    P1310005.JPG
    P1310007.JPG

Crates and bottles:
    P1310010.JPG P1310014.JPG

These approx. 30 bottles of the drinks, according to information contained in various forums about the Wild West, was a one- two-week supply. Shots were bought most often, which were sometimes "enriched" with water or with the bartender's saliva, if the client was not well liked or took too often on credit.