1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

BANZAI!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by bchilstrom, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Pete_H New Member

Bill,
    Believe me, the praise you're getting is well deserved ;) (y) I can picture the Japanese infantryman getting shot as getting hit in the upper right torso close to the shoulder. Your work is amazing - amongst the best I've seen amongst this forum's sculptors - and I really hope you'll keep up the great work within the WWII era (that way I'll have more stuff to paint ;) ).

P.S - remember: never EVER order the fettucinne alfredo from the ESPN restaurant in Buckhead
  2. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Now that most of the basic components of the figure are done or very near completeion, I have added the pockets, pocket flaps, button hole detail, collar, waist belt, etc. Its time to start on the face, some of the brow and eye detail has been laid in. The expression I am going for is one of a serious angry frown, (suicide will bring that on), I am thinking of painting him with a thin Goatee (?) beard and mustache.

[IMG]
  3. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Here we have moved on to the beginnings of the mouth and jaw. The character of the face is starting to take shape

[IMG] :)
  4. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Sorry,forgot to log on again That's me by the way
    Kenneth
  5. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bill!

These figures are simply beautifully sculpted! I love your folds and how they are sculpted, very good! How do you sculpt the folds? Would be great to know :) Keep up the great work, you just keep getting better and better!
  6. JCOX Active Member

United-States
    I agree with Anders - very beautifully done. I would also love to see an sbs on how you put in your drapery. You're one of the best I've seen at this (and dramatic poses). Thanks for sharing your work with us!

-jim cox
  7. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Thanks guys, i really mean it. I will try to put something together and post it here in the near future. Here is the next step in the sculpting of the officers head.

[IMG]
  8. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Here are a couple of shots of the Standard Bearer's head in process.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. John Long Active Member

United-States
    I love watching the progression Bill.

I hadn't thought about making the face fit the pose. That's a very good idea.
  10. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Bill, More please !
    Kenneth
  11. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Here are the figures all finished, Two down and Two to go.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  12. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Bravo,Bill (y) (y) ;they certainly look very good !! Looking forward to the next installment.Cheers !
    Kenneth
  13. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Here is the first step of figure three, charging with his rifle held high. The rifle will have a bayonet on it when I am done. I had to remove it so I did not break it off during the sculpting process.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  14. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Bill, Your work is truly inspiring, I just may need to start a third Civil War figure. I really like the face on the officer, Great stuff my friend.~Gary (y)
  15. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bill,

Nice work. I had the chance yesterday to go to Bill's home and see them in person. They are really nice.

Joe
  16. John Long Active Member

United-States
    How many Marines can we expect? I think it's coming along very well. I love the animation. Can't wait to see the rest of the figures. (y)
  17. Brandy Small New Member

Your work is incredible. It really does inspire the soul to want to sculpt. Truly great!!!

Brandy
  18. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
  19. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Hey Bill,the figures look really GOOD (y) I can already imagine the "Banzai" shout of these suicidal warriors ! Cheers.
    Kenneth :lol:
  20. bchilstrom New Member

United-States
    Thanks Kenneth, sorry it took so long to answer, I was reloading!!!

Here's a couple more photos of the progress to date.

[IMG]

[IMG]

I hope you like 'em. I am starting to sculpt the heads right now and i will post some more pictures tomorrow. I am enjoying a couple of new techniques that i learned from Gordy recently.

Thanks for all of the encouragemant from all of you,

Bill