1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Banner carrier of the Family Merfeldt

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by conny, Nov 6, 2005.

1. conny Active Member

Germany
    Hello,
    here is another flat, it`s a 30mm flat from Neckel and engraved by Ludwig Frank.

I have paint this flat for 4 years.

[IMG]

[IMG]

Cheers
    Conny
  2. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Another masterwork Konrad,

Keep the picture's coming.

Marc
  3. Blind Pew A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Very accomplished painting there Konrad, I wish I could paint that well. What other secrets have you got there mate? ;)

Keep them all coming, I look forward to seeing more of your stuff.
  4. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    conny...that is excellent...30mm..well that is one small flat...The metal is really nice with lots of contrast, and that attractive miniature style painting on the caparison and banner....The lovely orange/ochre based colour that you used on the banner with the contrasting gold coloured patterns, for me, sets the whole piece off....beautiful work...

Roy.
  5. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Beautiful beautiful work Konrad...........4 years.........whew........I can see why......especially at 30mm.
  6. Jim Patrick Active Member

United-States
    You can say that again. I guess one of the reasons I like flats so much is because they are about as close to art as a miniaturist can get. Yes this is my opinion and yes you are free to yours. Without a doubt there are those miniaturist among us who are the exception to the ruls. It's just that, TO ME, a flat painter more closely resembles a classically trained artist than any other. Conny, your flats are art. I thoroughly enjoy your flats and look forward to more! Youv'e inspired me to attempt my first. Not that my results will be anywhere near yours. But I'm going to try ;) :lol: .

Thanks,
    Jim Patrick
  7. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Beautiful work Konrad, your highlights and shadows are spot on.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers
    Roc. :)
  8. slaj Well-Known Member

Malta
    Konrad, I don't expect anything less from your talented hands. Just beautiful

Stephen Mallia
    From sunny Malta
  9. conny Active Member

Germany
    Hello,
    thanks for your nice comments about the flat.
    @ Guy: It was mistake of me not 4 years it`s 4 years ago, oh my bad english. :lol:
    I have painted 4 weeks on this flat but every day 2-3 hours.

Cheers
    Conny :)
  10. renarts Active Member

United-States
    Good point Jim. I agree with your opinion regarding flats.
    There is a definite degree of accomplishment that a good flat painter has over a figure painter. The 3 dimensional quality of a figure does alot of your shading and highlighting work for you as opposed to a flat painter who must create the illusion of 3 dimensions from 2. If done with the right touch it is masterful as the above attests.
  11. Figure Mad Well-Known Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi Konrad

You are just too damn good at this, I wish I could paint like this

Dave