1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Band of Brothers

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Joe Hudson, May 9, 2004.

1. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Guys,

I know that many of us have had the W.W.II bug hit us, me included! We are very fortunate to have Jaume, Calvin, Bill, Pete and Chris, sorry if I have missed anyone here on this forum so when I saw this magazine I thought that I would share it with these guys and the rest of us.

While shopping at the grocery store today my 2 year old spotted a "soldee" book, in his words that is a solider book. ;) Well it happens to be a great little find. It is a collectors edition from the World War II magazine. It is just on the Band of Brothers and some of their stories. It is about 100 pages and has interviews with several of the men from Easy company. There are also 2 pages with 14 rare Color pictures of the men. There is also a pullout with all the movements and the names of all of the Company E 506th Parachute Inf. Reg. 1942-1945. There is so much good stuff I could go on and on! This is a must have and it is only $4.99!

Sorry for all the rambling but I just wanted to share the wealth! If you have any question please feel free to ask.

Joe
  2. Pete_H New Member

Joe,
    Dude, you came across a very rare find! I'm glad you got it because it's out of print and highly sought after by WWII buffs. I've seen copies of it go for over $20 on eBay. BTW, that's Burton "Pat" Christenson on the cover (standing in front of the C47).
  3. John Long Active Member

United-States
    Cool, :eek: I just rescued mine from the archives.
  4. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Pete,

I am not sure if I have the one you are talking about. I have tried to find a number on it but no luck. The cover has a photo of the men inside the plane. They are all seated and looking at the camera.

Joe
  5. John Long Active Member

United-States
    That's different than what I have. Mine has the cover that Pete describes.
  6. Pete_H New Member

Joe,
    Then you've got a completely new issue. I heard there was another article in the works. But be careful. If you're talking about the picture I'm thinking of, it's been commonly misidentified as being men from E/506 PIR (in fact they were from 502 PIR). There's one guy standing at the rear of the stick while everybody else is seated (?)
  7. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Pete,

I can't see anyone standing but it does appear that there is an arm that is above the heads in the back. It is prehaps the same picture you are talking about.

Joe
  8. Joe Hudson Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hey Bob,

I thought that it looked pretty good. I usually just look at the pictures ;) but I have found myself actually reading this one. Not a bad deal for the price.

Joe