"Ballads of the Sherwood Forest.Friar Tuck."

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by vorobiov ruslan, Nov 10, 2019.

1. vorobiov ruslan A Fixture

Uganda
    Hi friends!
    I am pleased to introduce you to the second figure in the series . I hope you recognize him;)
    p1.jpg p2.jpg p3.jpg p4.jpg p5.jpg p6.jpg p7.jpg DSC08627.JPG
  2. Warren SMITH Active Member

Australia
    Hi there, dont like to be negative.. the sculpt itself look great. But I dont see this figure as friar tuck.. Bald, fat and cheerful is how he has been depicted in movies and legend. Helmeted and wearing chain mail, doesnt sit right... sorry, not a figure I would pick for this series... Just my thoughts...:sick:
    vorobiov ruslan likes this.
  3. MCPWilk A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    He needs the mail cape changed for cloth and a flagon of ale in place of a club and he'd be pretty good.

Mike
  4. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I rather like it. I see it as a "darker" re-imagining of the character.

- Steve
    MERCURY-MODELS likes this.
  5. MERCURY-MODELS Well-Known Member

Russian-Federation
    Warren,first of all, thank you, for your opinion. Of course, there are legends and a lot of films about Robin Hood, although you probably didn 't watch everything. I highly recommend watching a Soviet film based on the novel by Sire Walter Scott, "Ivengo," where all the famous brother Tuk, is represented not only by a drink lover, but also by a warrior able to work well as a baton. It was precisely the kind of warrior-monk that was the purpose of imagining Tuk. What in my opinion Ruslan handled perfectly! As for the historicity of the character, all accessories are selected exclusively according to the corresponding historical artifacts. Helmet on the monk, is a helmet from Faversham. A little later I will definitely present a photo