1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Balin

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by PhantomMajor, May 25, 2012.

1. PhantomMajor Member

United-Kingdom
    Simply called Balin i picked this bust up at the scottish ipms show last month.

i have cleaned him up and applied a base coat but since the bust comes in a plain black box there is not artwork to guide me in the colours i should use so it's going to be a free-for-all there or a guesstimate of what i think a nazi zombie should look like.

[IMG]
    Reddo and Sambaman like this.
  2. PhantomMajor Member

United-Kingdom
    i have so far painted the helmet (although details such as "SS" insignia have still to be done) but basic shading has been completed as well as additional work on the goggles.

[IMG]
    Meehan34, pmfs, Gellso and 1 other person like this.
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Loving the goggles mate. I bought this a few years a go too. It's a great wee sculpt.
  4. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Cracking start James.
    Carl.(y)
  5. Bill D New Member

Looking great so far!
    Can you tell me who produces this bust?
    Thanks, Bill
  6. Babelfish A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I like it. You can't beat a bit of the old Nazi zombie mayhem!!

I've never seen this bust before and I'd also be interested to know more about it. What scale is it?

- Steve
  7. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
  8. Bill D New Member

Karl;
    Thanks for this info. One more question, do you know if anyone imports these to the US or is MDC direct order only?
  9. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Have fun with this one:)

Must get round to doing one of these steamie type guys

Ron
  10. PhantomMajor Member

United-Kingdom
  11. phc35 Well-Known Member

United-States
    My guess would be that Balin is more in the category of the table top miniatures game Warhammer.He looks to me that there is a likeness to the Imperial Guard,"DeathKorp of Krieg" 28MMmini's done by Forgeworld

Jay
  12. PhantomMajor Member

United-Kingdom
    not sure what scale it is as there is no info on the box and this is the first bust i have ever done but it is bigger than 28mm forgeworld figure if that helps. maybe there is some info on the MDC site?
  13. PhantomMajor Member

United-Kingdom
    sorry no pictures at the moment but i have begun painting the nose using oils so the drying time is rather slow, i'm going with light and dark greys for the time being but there will be some blue washes added to give a sort of dead flesh look to him.

in the mean time i'll be watching "Iron Sky" which inspired me to open the box and start working on this kit in my stash/small model shop :)
  14. Karlosfandango Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Yes I agree with the Phamtom ref sales.
    The scale tho, as I've seen these in the flesh are at the very least 1/10 tho don't quote me on that as I'm not a scale expert but it must be leaning towards that.

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?bs0jsn
  15. PhantomMajor Member

United-Kingdom
    additional helmet detail added in the form of the "SS" insignia

[IMG]
  16. Reddo Active Member

Australia
    Very nice - Love to see more Iron sky inspired stuff
  17. PhantomMajor Member

United-Kingdom
    yeah i loved that film and i am working on altering a bust to make it look like a moon nazi with limited success.... i have never really done any sculpting before.

i am also talking with a someone who does sculpting and we are talking creating or altering a pre-existing figure. i feel this is a very interesting subject and one that i hope will inspire people to create some wonderful figures and space vehicles
  18. PhantomMajor Member

United-Kingdom
    i've managed to get some decals delivered very quickly i might add, from historex which has allowed me to continue working on this but and so update shots

[IMG]
    [IMG]