1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bad painted

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by jaime, Sep 5, 2004.

1. jaime Member

Spain
    Sorry but The figure and pics was really bad...
  2. jaime Member

Spain
    three more:
  3. Anders Heintz Well-Known Member

United-States
    Hola Jaime,

I think the colors are well chosen, maybe a little more care in placing the highs and shadows, but as you said, it was an experiment, and thats ok, we have to try it to know if it works or not!
  4. Roc Active Member

United-States
    Hey Jaime, I agree with Anders, we all learn from experimenting and practice.

Four hours to paint a figure, that's amazing, takes me much longer than that.
    Were you using oils?

Keep up the good work,

Ciao,
    Roc. :)
  5. jaime Member

Spain
    Roc, I always paint in acrylics, I have never used oils to paint figures. I only use oils when I paint armored vehicles.

Hasta luego

JAime
  6. KeithP Active Member

United-States
    Jaime-

Color selection and placement is very good. I agree with Anders on the shading and highs.

I consider myself relatively new to figure paining after about ~ 15 year lay off. I probably spend about 30-50% of my time experimenting and trying different things. Some work some don't but it's all fun!

Keep it up, I enjoy your work!

Keith
  7. jaime Member

Spain
    Thanks Keith, I'll try to correct that.

Regards

Jaime