1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Bad casting from Bonaparte

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by yellowcat, Nov 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Guys,
    Thank you for all your comments. I received email from Paul of Bonparte this morning.

[IMG]
    Bonaparte Military Models
    2:55 AM (6 hours ago)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    Hi Felix

We can send you a replacement dragon and give you a 20% discount on the figure.

Thanks
    Paul
    7:39 AM (1 hour ago)
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    to Bonaparte
    [IMG]
    Hi Paul,
    Just the replacement dragon and 20% discount does not work for me. There are more broken parts than the dragon.
    Please send me a new replacement kit with tracking and upon receive the kit I will then ship back the old kit to you and email you the post office receipt. You then refund the postal cost to my paypal account.
    Please make sure the kit is well pack and casting is good.

8:09 AM (1 hour ago)
    [IMG]
    Hi Felix
    The dragon is the only part you said you can not fix, so that is why I suggested that! If you wish to return the kit instead, then please do so and we will send a replacement out upon receipt of this kit.

to Bonaparte
    [IMG]
    Hi Paul,
    I did not say the dragon part I cannot fix. Please refer to my previous email to you. The email clearly includes the picture of the replacement parts that I needed from you.
    Anyway, I want you to send me a new replacement kit with tracking. Make sure the kit is well pack and casting is good with no flaws. Upon received the new kit I then send you back the old kit and you paypal me for the shipping cost.
    I am not going to return to you the old kit first. This is for my insurance that I will receive a new replacement kit. I am not scamming you for another kit. You have sent me a faulty kit and I am not happy about that. Just wasting my time. If this does not work for you then I will file a case with Paypal.
    Thanks,
    Felix

This is my previous email to Paul
    to Bonaparte
    [IMG]

Hi Paul,
    Thank you for your reply.
    I can repair some of the parts but there are parts you need to send me the replacement and
    there are parts I am unable to figure out where they belongs to.(see attached pictures)
    How much discount refund will that be if I keep the kit and you send me the replacement parts?
    If I return the kit, the cheapest service will be small packet- international surface - $19.36
    small packet - international Air - $38.72 with no tracking and signature on delivery or confirmation.
    Tax is not included and final price is at the post office counter.
    Thanks!
    Felix

More reply from Paul
    9:16 AM (21 minutes ago)
    [IMG]
    Hi Felix
    As with all companies you need to return the faulty item before the replacement is issued. We can't send out another kit until we receive this one back.

to Bonaparte
    [IMG]
    Hi Paul,
    As with all companies, they will send you replacements right away with pictures proof of faulty item. They don't even ask you to return the faulty item.
    Felix

This is the worse case of customer service. I feel like banging my head against the wall.
    Perseas and Helm like this.
  2. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    These are the pictures I sent to Paul for replacements if I choose to keep the faulty kit. The guy is just not there.

16a.jpg 17.jpg 9 broken.jpg broken 4 .jpg broken 1.jpg 18 broken.jpg
    Perseas likes this.
  3. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Get on to Paypal for a full refund, take your custom elsewhere.
    Perseas, Helm, DEL and 2 others like this.
  4. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    Ridiculous. Dreadful customer service. Most of the companies in our small hobby are run by fellow enthusiasts who do not hesitate to replace faulty parts, often as not replacing entire kit without question. Sometimes they dont want the original back sometimes they do but not as a condition for replacement.
    This is a bit of a pattern of behaviour from this company as can be seen in a thread from last year.
    Suggestions on replacement parts for post Militare Figures | planetFigure | Miniatures
  5. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    That could explain the poor casting, but it doesn't explain the ridiculous method of packaging for shipment. Just sticking a label on the kit box? Most eBay sellers don't even do something that irresponsible.

Prost!
    Brad
    Blind Pew and Perseas like this.
  6. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Totally agree Brad.....Not to keep this thread going but very curious how this pans out. It may be an issue of a bad employee...I wonder if Felix is actually dealing with the owner/operator.....Too many good sculptures and art to be reproduced with poor quality and sold to the public.

Wayne
    Perseas likes this.
  7. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I have always been happy with my Bonaparte's stuff especially their white metal kits, but reading this thread is like witnessing a car crash in slow motion - despite everyone shouting out warnings in real time - for the company's PR. What is there to 'debate' here and why on earth would they want a kit returned in this condition; surely not to try and resell to a possibly less discerning customer? If all they are going to do is bin it as below their QC for sale, then why can't Felix do that for them without incurring any more additional and needless cost or inconvenience in shipping it back from the other side of the world?

The photographic evidence speaks for itself and this smacks of an exercise in 'maybe he (Felix) will eventually go away' ?...... Just send the bloke a new kit for goodness sake !

Gary
    Tommi, Tecumsea, Blind Pew and 8 others like this.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Well it's cost them my business, I quite fancied the bust in question myself, but not prepared to have to fix a brand new kit. I dislike cleaning seams etc, let alone having to re make parts.
    Steve
    DEL, napoleonpeart, Redcap and 2 others like this.
  9. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Hi Guys,
    Thank you for all you comments again.

Round 2 - Like hitting a brick wall. I have to send the kit back in order to get a replacement.
    Previously I had already emailed Paul of Bonapartes at least 5 or 6 times about the prices on the the return shipping. The man never confirm or gave me an straight answer. I have to ask him over and over again. Please refer to the following and you will be amazed.

Nov 9 (2 days ago)
    [IMG]
    to Bonaparte
    [IMG]
    Hi Paul,
    Please reply email so that I can post the kit.
    The kit is all pack up and ready to post. See attached pictures.
    Here are the prices I get from Post Office this morning. Please confirm which service to post the return. What to put on the custom declaration and how much value?
    Prices are in Canadian dollar, tax does not included in the price below and may be extra at the post office counter

Prices are the same with or without the outer box
    small packet- international surface - $19.36 no tracking 6- 8 weeks no coverage
    small packet - international Air - $38.72 no tracking 6-10 days no coverage
    Tracked packet - international - $64.29 6-10 days up to $100 coverage included
    xpresspost - international - $81.31 5 business days up to $100 coverage included
    Your previous email state that you will ship out the replacement and refund the postal cost when you receive proof of postage
    Is it OK to send you the scan of the postal receipt ? Does this still stands?

Please confirm your shipping address and reply all questions. I want to post this on Friday

Thanks!
    Felix

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.JPG IMG_0003.JPG IMG_0004.JPG IMG_0005.JPG parcel1a.jpg

Hi Felix

Please send it back by the cheapest means to:

David Freeman
    46 Queens Road
    Westbury
    Wiltshire
    BA13 3LZ
    UK

Please send us a scan copy of the proof of postage and we will get the other kit sent out.

Thanks
    Paul

to Bonaparte
    Hi Paul,
    small packet surface $19.36 or small packet air $38.72 which one to send?
    please choose one.
    How much to declare on the postal form.
    Felix

Hi Felix

The cheapest one, as we only charged £9.50 to ship from UK to Canada. £50 on form.

Thanks
    Paul

to Bonaparte
    Hi Paul,
    This is Canada post charges. So which service to send. Small packet surface $19.36 canadian or small packet air $38.72 canadian?
    I had already indicated to you in my previous email that Canada Post shipping cost is very expensive.
    Felix

Bonaparte Military Model
    [IMG]
    Hi Felix
    So the $19.36.

[IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    to Bonaparte
    [IMG]
    Hi Paul,
    Kit is mailed this afternoon. Refer to the attached scan.
    Please refund Canadian $19.36 to my Paypal account and please don't forget to pay the Paypal fees.
    Please make sure the replacement kit is well pack and casting is good without any flaws.
    Please let me know the shipping date and the tracking number.
    Thanks!
    Felix

Finally the kit has been posted and post receipt has been sent to Paul. Waiting for Round 3 for the refund of the shipping cost and the replacement kit. I would rather spending my time painting my kit.
  10. Martin64 A Fixture

Germany
    Good luck Felix - following this thread and keep my fingers crossed that you will end up with the kit you paid for. Whatever the outcome will be - the communication on their behalf is simply something you would expect from a fraud and not from someone that is doing honest business - they lost me already as a potential customer (always fancied their mounted Marshall Ney).
    Cheers, Martin
    valiant and napoleonpeart like this.
  11. Helm A Fixture

England
    Absolutely appalling customer service and attitude. I won't be over surprised to hear it got ahem "lost" in the post as their next attempt to wriggle out of fulfilling their obligations to a customer.
    Steve
    Redcap and napoleonpeart like this.
  12. Nap Moderator

England

Totally agree ..but let's see what happens in round 3 !!

this is just not good enough IMO and definately putting potential customers off

As for customer service ....I don't see any apart from a lot of hassle to the customer .....

And it's not the first time something like this has happened ...see DEL's link

Nap
    Perseas, Helm and Blind Pew like this.
  13. Redcap A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Wow! Just incredible and there is enough material here for a Monty Python sketch. I just cannot understand the procrastination with Bonapartes in this sorry saga and I rather suspect this is going to be something of a 'Ratner's' moment for them in terms of online ordering!

Gary
  14. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    I saw a very nicely painted 120mm Samurai produced for Mitches by Carl Read yesterday-maybe time to get your money back and think of an alternative, It's not as if they are not out there Pegaso also do a very nice edition in 90mm. You don't have to put up with crap like this. Both the kit and the service!

Paul seems to be quite intransigent in dealing with this (Worse than the bloody EU) , I wonder if David is aware?

Keith
    DEL, Blind Pew, Helm and 3 others like this.
  15. yellowcat A Fixture

Canada
    Round 3
    Received a refund for the return shipping plus an additional refund of 50% of the price of the kit. The new kit has been shipped with tracking.

From Paul's email " I will also refund you 50% of the price of the kit as a good will gesture.
    I hope the new kit arrives safely and satisfactory. Sorry for the inconvenience. "

Finally some customer service damage control from Bonaparte. This should have been taken care of at the very beginning not after 30 email exchange.

"Ask your customers to be part of the solution, and don't view them as part of the problem."
    Alan Weiss, Author "Million Dollar Consulting"

"When customers share their story, they're not just sharing pain points. They're actually teaching you how to make your product, service, and business better. Your customer service organization should be designed to efficiently communicate those issues."
    Kristin Smaby, Author "Being Human is Good Business"

Looking forward to review the new replacement kit.

Felix
    Blind Pew, Redcap, 1969 and 3 others like this.
  16. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Well done Paul and David.
    Redcap and napoleonpeart like this.
  17. Jimbo A Fixture

England
    Good to see that the issue has been resolved (y)
    Jim
    napoleonpeart likes this.
  18. Nap Moderator

England
    Nice result and a really good response at last from Bonapartes

We all look forward to seeing the finished painted model from Felx

Nap
  19. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    All that effort to arrive at what should have been the starting point.
    Have to wonder how far you'd have got without the debate on here?
    Still can't argue with what is clearly a generous outcome.
  20. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    GREAT WORK from Bonaparte.
    It took sometime but you both get a good feeling about it.

Marc
    napoleonpeart likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.