1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Back in the Game

Discussion in 'Brutal Honesty - Critique Center' started by Old Tanker, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Old Tanker New Member

After about a 20 year absence I'm back into building models and painting miniatures.
    This is my latest. It's an old "Series 77" by Pat Bird that I had on my shelf for years. I finally decided to paint it. Oils over acrylics.
    VnMar 016 Sm.jpg
    There are a lot of fine figure painters on this site, but as a combat USMC Veteran I have never seen a clean field Marine. One day in the field and your uniform will pick up some grit of some sort. My old uniform from Vietnam still has some red in the seams.
    Lloyd Reynolds VnMarHead 03.jpg VnMarHead 03.jpg

Attached Files:

oldtrousers, captfue and winfield like this.
  2. captfue Active Member

United-States
    Great work considering the age of this kit. I'm not really a figure painter, but I feel you have a good basic understanding of painting. I think after a few more works you'll be up there with the best. Good luck and keep up the good work.