1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

back after 33 years +

Discussion in 'Welcome aboard' started by ukbat, Nov 17, 2010.

1. ukbat New Member

United-Kingdom
    Hi to all, it seems to me the whole world has got into military figures let alone all the other types fantasy and the rest you can get from every corner of this planet in the last 33 years. How fantastic is that and the scale difference and busts all to to much. I stopped modelling and painting over 33 years ago to be honest I can not even think why but I knew I would come back to it but 33 year a long long time. A good mate of mine just over three weeks ago showed me a new figure, that was it, I am back. since then I have spent a lot more than my wife should know on paints, books , bits and 7 figures ( now called a grey army). I hope to have the courage to post my first work sometime soon, all you guys I read are friendly and helpful. I have to check out planetfigure at lest twice a day. so hello to everyone and may your paint brushes never dry
  2. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Pleased to meet you Andrew, good to have you back.
    Carl.
  3. Gellso A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello there

Hi Andrew glad to see you came back to the dark side. Hope to see some of your work soon.
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Andrew, welcome to the Planet and looking forward to seeing your posts.
    Just think- you've got 33 years of Modelling mags to catch up on. Lucky you.:)
    Cheers Ken
  5. Tecumsea PlanetFigure Supporter

England
    Hello Andrew,

I came back 3 years ago, following retirement, after a 15 year break. I've thoroughly enjoyed visiting clubs and shows and improving my work. It is amazing the standard of work you see and the quality/diversity of kits available these days. Enjoy the hobby and your new friends on Planet.

Keith
  6. ukbat New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks to all, now its time to paint ( BRITISH SAS NW EUROPE 1944 BY MAURICE CORRY)
  7. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    welcome back Andrew, you have had 33 years of rest so its about time to get down to some serious figure work :D

Steve(y)
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Andrew - Welcome back!~ Let's see some figures! :)

All the best,
    Dan
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi Andrew, you can visit Planet Figure more than twice a day you know!! Welcome back to our wonderful hobby and please share your pics with us. We'll be gentle.
  10. SRP Active Member

United-Kingdom
    Welcome Andrew......'They always come back'.....
  11. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Andrew welcome back.
    If you have some of the old figures in your showcase, i really would like to see them.
    Hope you will enjoy your stay here.

Marc
  12. gordy Well-Known Member

United-States
    Welcome back to the world of miniatures and welcome to planetFigure! :)
  13. ukbat New Member

United-Kingdom
    Thanks gordy can not keep off this site when do you guys get time to paint i can go from one thing and then one morre and more and more
  14. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Welcome back!:)