1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Babe in Chains!

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Glen, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Now that I have your attention...

This is Andreas Troste's 'The Dancer', a 90mm(ish) metal flat. I've converted to a warrior babe chained to stocks. Pretty much every other episode of Xena - Warrion Princess.

The mods were made using metal wine bottle foil (manacles and belting) and putty (chain mail, legging tears, and boot tops. The stocks were made from strip styrene plastic scrored to depict a wood grain. The chain loops are thin sections of plastic tubing, while the chain is Campbell HO Railroad Chain - a staple of any armor modeler's detail parts bin.

All paints are Reaper Master Series Acrylics.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Glen

Attached Files:

2. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work on this piece, I just love it. The only thing that would make it better would be to move the position of the hands, it still looks a little like she is still dancing. This girl makes three chicks on the board at once.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very nice flat. I like her.

marc
  4. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Glen, an excellent conversion and great painting. Like it.

Cheers Ken
  5. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Glen,
    Very good on conversion and painting.
    Cheers
    John
  6. redhorse Active Member

United-States
    Looks really good, I'm impressed!
  7. theBaron A Fixture

United-States
    Great conversion, Glen, bonus points for the scratchbuilt details, and I like your finished colors. Reminds me of Thaina from "Heavy Metal".

Prost!
    Brad
  8. Ulrich A Fixture

Germany
    Great idea. I think "Trosti" would like it too

Ulrich
  9. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Nice work on the conversion, your painting is top notch as well. She doesn't look tooooo flat to me!!!!!!!!!
    Ben
  10. Glen Active Member

United-States
    Thanks for the comments everyone! It was a fun project; I had to rein myself in to keep things from going overboard. The original plan was to sculpt a dungeon wall, but I went with the stocks. They only took few minutes to make from plastic. There were other things as well, but cooler heads prevailed...

Mike, you're probably right about the hands, but the idea behind this was to keep it really simple. I just clipped the ends off and flipped them upside down, filed in a lap joint, and superglued them back together. The remaining gaps were filled and sanded down. The end result was to create a limp-wristed look.

Questions and comments are welcome.

Cheers,

Glen
  11. Marcel Active Member

Spain
    Great conversion and paintwork Glen!
    I only liked more the origional hands.

Cheers,
    Marcel.