1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed B-17 waist gunner by Young

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Meehan34, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Here is my latest fun, I had this one going at the same time as the Roman so I didn't finish this one in a day & a half Like La Hire. We got snowed in today in Tulsa so I was able to spend time painting when I should have been working. Anyway enough of that gnarly weather stuff here are this pics, pick them apart and give advice where needed. Thanks for looking.

b1.JPG

b2.JPG

b3.JPG

b4.JPG
  2. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Mike, the leather looks fantastic and the skin tone you've used gives the figure a tired just returned from a mission look. I like it very much.

Roger.
  3. Mike Stevens A Fixture

United-States
    The sheepskin looks like the wrong color. It should be more of a yellow color. I left a pair of sheepskin lined flight pants at the Hussar with Mike that will give you the correct color. Definitely not white. The face looks good but I might suggest some weathering/grease around the eyes from the goggles.

Sweet paint job!

Mike
  4. housecarl A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great work on the different textures Mike.
    Carl.
  5. jimias A Fixture

Greece
    Very nice result. I like it.Well done.
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Very good paintwork.

Marc
  7. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    thanks for the comments fellas. Michael, the sheep skin is actually a light flesh color. Here is a close up pic w/o the lights washing it out. Should it be more yellow or dirty you think? I truly appreciate the criticism, keep it coming it really helps me improve.

sheep.JPG
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work on the textures Mike. The leather jacket is well done too.
  9. tankman3rd4id Member

United-States
    i was thinking about buying this bust after looking at your pics i will great looking leather. and now for a shameless plug in joplin sat march 13th the club down here is having a contest Mike i think i know you from the tulsa HMSNEO club but cant put a face to the name if anyone wants information on this contest please call me 417 437 6113 ask for rick. oh Mike we have a bust /figure class too
  10. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    mike i can really see why this bust is such an appealing bust to paint with all thats going on with it and all that leather to go to town on. Nice job on all the ellements of this one and i think with that bit of grease or grime to the face it would just top it off.

nice work,

Steve
  11. kansas kid Well-Known Member

United-States
    Unfortunately I do not remember this bust. But I will say it is the most
    appealing bust of a US Air Corps crewmember that I have seen. And you're
    doing a great job with it, Mike.

rick
  12. mil-mart A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Mike , great paintwork on the leather and face. Correct me if I'm wrong and it's only a suggestin but IMHO would the goggles look better semi-gloss varnished.

Cheers Ken
  13. Meehan34 A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks guys for the comments. i agree about the grease around the eyes but I don't want to try it for fear of messing up the face.

ken; great Idea, I added the varnish and it looks really good. Thanks for that tip, I got to remember that one.

Thanks again for the critiques and compliments, i am learning much from them.
  14. ubbi Active Member

Italy
    looking really good, i like a lot the leather effects

cheers

stefano