1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Aztec warriors

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Alex Lopez, Jan 10, 2005.

1. Stephan Well-Known Member

Germany
    Real feather from what?
    You cut a big one into small? What kind of feather chicken or bird? :eek:
  2. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    Thanks Francesca, I´m going to polish the face yet more...

Stephan, in this case I used chiken feathers, and I´ve cut top point, this way obtain miniature feathers, and putted in to shield one by one,The standard are peacock feathers, you can see in my Maya topic another examples.

And add the pics of examle, this is a little byrd feather 5mm long

Attached Files:

3. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    ...and this is the same feather cutted and ready for stik.

regards.

Attached Files:

4. dario966 New Member

hola Alejandro,
    the Otomi is not un miembro de la tribu Otomi (not a member of the Otomi tribe) pero un gerrero azteca veterano cuauchic o quauchic g cautivos o mas(but an Aztec warrior of the veteran cuauchic level 6 captives or more) el grado mas alto de la soldatesca azteca (the highest level of the Aztec warrior class).
    I am going to switch to English only :) to shorten this comment : These warriors were perhaps lower in thier social standing than the aristocrat knights, unless came from the noble class themsevels, but nevertheless were the crack warriors of the Aztecs. In the Codex Mendoza on page 64 vou can find one Otomi, i think one was described in the Osprey men-at-arms, anbd that figure was taken directly from the Codex. Theywere distinguished bya shaved head with a scalp lock similar to the Mohawks or the Pawnee hair style. Inga Clandinnen in her book Aztecs devoted whole chapter to the warrior classes, an there she talks about the otomi and other warrior grades.
  5. Alex Lopez Well-Known Member

Mexico
    My log, my log, my log !!!