1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Aviatrix

Discussion in 'General Figure Talk' started by Bryon Ray, Nov 30, 2004.

1. Bryon Ray New Member

United-States
    Her plane was a lockheed Electra 10E, hope this helps

Attached Files:

2. Johan Well-Known Member

Belgium
    A 1/72 Lockheed Electra baby/junior plastic kit is done by Special Hobby, ref. 7223. Looks very much like the type in the above picture, but you may have to add more windows in the fuselage.

Hannants of Lowestoft (UK) have it.

http://www.hannants.co.uk/
  3. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Geoff,

WILLIAMS BROS, renowned for their range of 1/32 scale racer planes of the 30's, also makes AE's Electra a few years ago.

I was waiting for its release with anticipation only to be disappointed by the ungodly scale (who ever heard of 1/53 :( ) and the rather simplistic treatment of the kit.

So you'd be better off with the SPECIAL HOBBY Electra

Incidentally, you can also make AE's red Lockheed Vega (AMT/Italeiri 1/48). Interesting pics HERE.

Good luck with the figure. How about some in-progress pics?

Johan: AE's plane had some of the windows plugged off since it was configured to carry extra fuel and equipment in the passenger cabin area. So it had LESS windows than usual. ;)

Q. :)
  4. quang Active Member

Belgium
    AE is one of my top ten heroes.

I started this bust a few years ago. Just thought you might be interested to have a peek at it.

Attached Files:

5. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Quang, I just love that bust. It's a one off right/~Gary
  6. quang Active Member

Belgium
    Gary,

The bust is a personal project as I don't feel it has much commercial potential (who nowadays knows about Amelia Earhart, lest wants to paint one?). It's destined to fit on a 1/6 action figure (another of my megalomaniac and impractical conversion projects).

The sculpt is dragging on for 2 years. I just cannot make up my mind to sit down and finish it for good. That tousled hair is just killing me. :lol:

But when it's done, I see no problem to make a mould and produce some castings for those who're interested.