1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Avant-Gardé

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by kagemusha, Jul 26, 2015.

1. samson Well-Known Member

United-States
  2. Mariobusta A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Nice to see one of these classic Poste Mil beauties painted up . Looks fantastic . I have a Mounted Ugrian Standard Bearer in my stash ,just waiting for the courage to start him .Nice work .
  3. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks for comment. It was a real pleasure to work with this piece. Standard bearer is another gorgeous 'golden oldie' that deserves some paint (y)

Cheers

Ron
  4. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ron,
    This is a feel good figure,
    It makes me feel good to remember the original again, that I will one day own, moved on to a new level!
    It makes me feel good to see such a great paint job in a well thought out setting, superb !
    It makes me feel good that it's completion helped you.
    And it makes me feel good that the warmth of feeling from all on the forum is representative of all that's best here in this small community.
    A joy and pleasure to see it all
    Best wishes mate.
    Paul
  5. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Paul....you expressed that far better than I ever could mate....many thanks :)

ATB

Ron
    peedee likes this.
  6. Mat Lambert A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    I missed this until now. Great figure, superbly painted and situated. Always thought this looked like a really solid lump of metal back in the day when advertised in Mil modelling -something about it has got proper heft! All the best for your recovery.
    Cheers
    Mat
    peedee likes this.
  7. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks for comment and kind words Mat :)
    It weighs best part of a kilo! :wideyed:.....dropped it on my foot when prepping it....never felt a thing :whistle::rolleyes: :arghh::cry:

Ron
    peedee and Mat Lambert like this.
  8. Helm A Fixture

England
    Wow Ron first sorry to hear you were ill, good to hear you're on the mend. This figure is superb mate
    Steve
    peedee likes this.
  9. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Steve mate.....well on the mend thanks (y).....really pleased you like him :)

Ron
    peedee likes this.
  10. swralph A Fixture

Everything about this model to me, show's real skill.
    peedee and kagemusha like this.
  11. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Nice one mate (y)

Cheers

Keith :p
    peedee and swralph like this.
  12. Ronaldo A Fixture

Hi Ron C

Just caught up with this great painting and setting , I have this guy tucked away at the back of the cabinet , bought it when it first came out .
    Never really been pleased with my effort although its not bad , lost the carbine and a bit of the snaffle bit .
    Maybe I might strip it down and do a re vamp , trouble is I can't get it off the old fashioned base .

Ron T
  13. peedee A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well I finally got one for myself too after all these years, as a bargain from Richard of Oakwood Bases too.
    Safely in 'the stash' for now, ready to go.
    kagemusha, Viking Bob and OldTaff like this.
  14. NeilW A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Great work, fantastic base/scenario... wishing you all the best for a speedy and full recovery :)
    kagemusha likes this.
  15. TERRYSOMME1916 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron I can only imagine where your mind was after becoming ill but you certainly have pushed yourself to complete such a classic figure to this excellent standard, I am really happy that you have been able to accomplish this and hopefully we will see a lot more of your work, the Ray Lambe creations were always a favorite of mine but they involved a huge amount of work and confidence to tackle them and you have nailed this one.
    Think I have the 2 Orleans Cavalry, a mounted Samuri and the Cuirrasier that I had started many moons ago and ditched lol.
    Well Done
    TERRY
    kagemusha likes this.
  16. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    I am glad you are back painting and going from strength to strength health wise.
    Absolutely fantastic painting, and a superb setting, all top notch.
    I did have this but lost due to moving some years ago and I am still on the lookout for this one.
  17. Cannonball A Fixture

This is one of my all time favourite figures and you’ve done a super job all round on this Ron. Glad you were able to continue with it and hope the recovery is continuing.

Neal
  18. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Viking Bob likes this.