1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Avant-Gardé

Discussion in 'Completed Figures' started by kagemusha, Jul 26, 2015.

1. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hi Colin....many thanks for comments mate....horses are a particular challenge that I enjoy....just so many to choose from! :eek:
  2. yoshi Well-Known Member

Netherlands
    Hi Ron, Good to have you back in business. Beautiful piece. Which brand and scale is it?
    Hope your recovery work out well.
  3. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Yoshi.....many thanks for kind wishes and comments (y)
    It is the Bonapartes casting of Poste Militaires 90 mm original.

Regards

Ron
  4. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Ron,
    "Hope it was worth the wait!"

It certainly is worth the wait mate, outstanding finish. I love the aerial shots and the impact it gives to the rider and groundwork. The setting is a work of art in itself and very inspiring. Keep up the great work my friend.(y)
    cheers
    Richie
  5. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Hello mate....first...a big thank you for all your support over the last few months....means a great deal to me :)

I am glad you think it was worth the wait....aerial shots were Anna's idea to show the horses head and markings better....smart a**e :LOL:...very pleased with the setting....as it portrays him at his best IMHO :happy:

Talk soon mate

Ron
    Richie likes this.
  6. Graham A Fixture

England
    Glad you are painting again and what a stunning piece. Best wishes for a full recovery :)
  7. Richie A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Isn't that always the case, that they know best:rolleyes:.
  8. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks Graham for comments and kind wishes (y)

Ron
  9. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Excellent work and welcome back.

marc
  10. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Mate...she slays me sometimes :rolleyes:...just to add insult to injury....if you look at the 7th pic from the left...there appears to be a crack just above the fetlock on the rear leg of the horse :cry:
    Madam has a look....grabs a pair of tweezers....and removes a stray hair :whistle: :ROFLMAO:
    Richie likes this.
  11. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Many thanks Marc....much appreciated mate (y)

Ron
  12. Eludia A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A beautiful piece Ron, welcome back to the front line (y)
  13. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Ron. This is a pure 'Master-class', of a piece. Dare I say one of your best.:cautious: ( Considering you hate 'white metal') The painting the setting ! everything just smacks of the highest quality. there is so much to look at. Excellent work in every way.(y)(y)

I think I will use this as a screen saver!:D

High regards,

Mark.
  14. DaddyO A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Not sure how I missed this previously Ron - beautifully done. I've still got my old version (now a bit battered) in a box in the loft. Yours makes me want to get it out and resurrect it. :)
    Cheers
    Paul

ps - I do remember how heavy it is and how I never quite grasped how Ray managed to combine the delicacy of the detail with the weight of the thing
  15. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Cheers Billy....nice one mate (y)

Ron
  16. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Mark....many thanks for your support through my rough patch :)

Very pleased you like the finished result....and yes...I too think it is by far one of my best ;)

Very best to you both mate

Ron
  17. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Well...it was a fair while back mate :D.....it won't be going on a glass shelf in the cabinet that's for sure....exquisite detail throughout the whole casting helps to spur you on to give it your best.....
    Hope you do have another go at yours mate (y)

Ron
  18. akaryu Moderator

Belgium
    Excellent rendition of a Ray Lamb classic! How nice to see how Ray's work stands the test of time!(y)(y)(y)
  19. Huw63 A Fixture

A classic that I believe was first released 40 years ago this summer (or winter if in Southern climes)

Cheers

Huw
  20. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom

Many thanks for comment.....and Ray's work is still some of the best around...even by today's standards IMHO :wideyed:

Ron