1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

WIP " Avant-Gardé " SBS

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by kagemusha, Oct 20, 2014.

1. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    You could have said it was a very early attempt at camouflage!:whistle::D

thT1Z1MC5Z.jpg

Mark
    Richie and Paul Kernan like this.
  2. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Smart arse :p:LOL:
    Richie likes this.
  3. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well, after yesterdays little 'fiasco'....and seven hours of swearing....this is what I ended up with !
    I have gone a little further on, and added a 'blaze to the nose, and laid in the base coat for the socks and hooves, plus a few gentle dapples with the airbrush.
    Gone about as far as I can with the airbrush, so, back to the brushes/oils for the detail work.

IMG_1111.jpg IMG_1112.jpg IMG_1113.jpg IMG_1114.jpg IMG_1108.jpg IMG_1109.jpg IMG_1115.jpg IMG_1116.jpg

comments or ideas welcome..............

Ron
    ChaosCossack, Jaybo, Richie and 2 others like this.
  4. Trex Well-Known Member

It recovered fine!
    No airbrush dots at the front part?
  5. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Actually Ron! I prefer this rendition, over your primary! .. It feels to me that much more balanced and alive! (y) those extra additions have made a great impact.

Regards,

Mark
  6. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Trex, lack of 'dapples' on the front part is down to the fact that, the most heavily dappled parts of a horse of this colour, are generally the back/flanks and hind quarters, which, apart from the hind quarters on this piece, are covered by the saddle cloth/sheepskin.
    When I put a few on the neck and shoulders, they didn't look right, so I dusted over them.

Regards

Ron
    Trex likes this.
  7. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mark, I am begining to warm to it now. I think it will get better once I put in the finer details (y)

Ron
  8. Ron Tamburrini A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Good call
  9. John Bowery A Fixture

United-States
    Thanks for taking the time to log all this stuff. Very interesting and useful.
    Cheers
    John
  10. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Your very welcome John.
    Glad it is of interest and use.

Cheers

Ron
  11. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Have pushed this on a bit. Using oils to bring some life into the horse. I have finished the legs/hooves and socks. Put some work in around the mouth area and the eyes. Have also worked the Shabraque/sheepskin and associated straps on and around the saddle etc.
    Need to let it all dry, then I can seal it, ready to add some wear and tear to the areas that see the most use, and do the regiment numbers on the Shabraque and Portmanteau.
    Then I will do the bridle etc., to finish the head area.

IMG_1138.jpg IMG_1139.jpg IMG_1140.jpg IMG_1142.jpg IMG_1146.jpg IMG_1147.jpg IMG_1148.jpg IMG_1151.jpg

Ron
  12. housecarl Moderator

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work Ron.(y)
  13. Helm A Fixture

England
    Late to this Ron looks great sorry to hear of the earlier disaster stuff like that is a sickner I once found the hard way Tamiya paints strip G.W. colours :facepalm:
    Steve
  14. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    What a difference (and its a very good difference) some more colour does. Really coming to life now Ron. Been waiting for an update and it's been worth the wait(y).
    Placed an order with Bonapartes on Sat evening for the Chasseur a Cheval De La Guarde Imperial, have you done that one Ron?
    Looking forward already to the next instalment.

Barrie.
  15. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Many thanks for that Carl (y)
  16. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hi Steve....better late than never mate :D......some disasters are for the better mate....this is starting to come together for me now :)
  17. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Hello Barrie, glad it was worth the wait for you ;)

I had the Chasseur from Bonapartes......superb casting.....stupidly...I sold it when I took a break a while back....big mistake :(
    Trust me...you won't be disappointed with it :wideyed:
  18. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Lovely work Ron! .Beautiful and crisp edging on the Shabraque. I am loving the whole look and feel to this piece. Its going to be a real 'Corker'. Excellent job.

Regards,

Mark.
  19. brian A Fixture

Scotland
    Lovely paint job,but being an old timer, the sight of an airbrush turns me cold.White spirit,blood sweat and tears,oils,and brushes for me,but it's only my opinion, as i know that the airbrush is the in thing.
    Brian
    DaddyO likes this.
  20. kagemusha A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Thanks Mark, appreciate your comments.

Cheers

Ron