1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Author Sculpt Trapper

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by davidmitchell, Apr 22, 2009.

1. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Cristiane,Berny and everyone else that has commented so far.

Cheers David
  2. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Hi Guys just made a start on the groundwork.The large rocks are from the garden,but I am adjusting the shapes with Milliput.The river bed is also Milliput with a mixture of natural pebbles and Milliput ones.Once this is complete the river will be poured with resin.Will post photos of my progress.

Cheers David

Attached Files:

3. JGREEN A Fixture

United-States
    David,
    This is looking like its really going to be a masterpiece! I admire your vision when it comes to the groundwork and I believe it will complement this figure perfectly!

Jason
  4. BarrieHynd Well-Known Member

Scotland
    Looking forward to see how you tackle the river.
    Barrie
  5. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Its looking better and better. Gonna be some awesome work of art when it is finished.

Marc
  6. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Jason,Barrie and Marc for your kind comments, just hope that I can pull it off.Never done a big area of water before, so will be doing a couple of test runs before committing to the main base.If anyone has any advice on layers of resin feel free to comment.

Cheers David
  7. mario Active Member

Brazil
    Hello David

I liked very much your version of horse ,the groundwork are fantastic too .
    I just received my copy and I´m anxious to started It

Mario
  8. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Looking great David. Water is not to hard to achieve. Making it splash upwards was tricky tho.
  9. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Mario I am sure you will do a great job of the Trapper.Thanks Guy will be tackling the water over the weekend.

Cheers David
  10. DEL A Fixture

Scotland
    David
    really looking forward to see how you tackle the resin, the 'splash' will be a challenge,
    Regards
    Derek
  11. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Derek ,been studying the work of Christian Petit who is the master of water effects.

Cheers David
  12. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    David,
    Water is not so difficult to do.
    Here are my efforts.
    First of all paint the base (whats under water with acrylic paint, this is important because oilpaint gets off).
    The hold the resin from floating off the base take some clear acetate. Glue it to the base.
    Make the resin and put it in the area you want it. Not more then 2 - 3 mm thick. If you do more it become to heat and it will crack like ice when cooling off. Most at the time 2-3 mm is thick enough for figure bases.
    When it is hardend you can do a new layer if nessecery.
    If you want rimples in it, take a toothpick and keep stirring into the resin till it is gonna be hardening. The resin tells you when to stop.

Good luck.

Marc
  13. davidmitchell A Fixture

Scotland
    Thanks Marc for the tips ,will post my efforts in the next few days.

Cheers David