1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Review Austro hungarian Uhlan from Vice 75

Discussion in 'Reviews , Video Reviews and Open Book' started by Nap, May 30, 2020.

1. Nap Moderator

England
    Hi to all

Following on from my look at the first bust release from Vice 75 here:

https://www.planetfigure.com/posts/1030899/

They have now released a 2nd in the series which I will look at here

Vice 75 Lancer 001.jpg

There is also a 75mm full figure which was announced here:

https://www.planetfigure.com/threads/vice75-v75002-austro-hungarian-uhlan-trooper-ww-i-75mm.212331/

The piece comes with a choice of 2 heads the soft cap and the czpska

Plenty of opportunity to paint up as different regts based on the facings

Lets have some reference pictures

XAAAAAAAAA.jpg
    XPIC.jpg XAAAAAAAAA.jpg XAAA.jpg xxxxxx.jpg

xaa.jpg

xzzz.jpg x.jpg xx.jpg xxx.jpg xxxx.jpg xxxxx.jpg XAAAAAAAA.jpg

XAAAAAAA.jpg

M95 Carbine
    xaaaaaa.jpg xaaaaa.jpg xaaaa.jpg Distinctive Steyr pouches

Here are a few books to look at as well :

xbook1.jpg XBOOK.jpg xbook2.jpg

x book.jpg 0000000.jpg

Continued in next post

Nap
    Perseas, DaddyO and Tom W. like this.
  2. Nap Moderator

England
    Onto the release and the resin

Details of the release

Title: Austro-Hungarian Uhlan Trooper WW1

Reference:V16002

No of Parts: 12

Scale: 1/16th

Casting: In house

Box Artwork: LASZLO GYORGY

As the scale was small this is a large box but still a lot of care was taken in the packing as you can see ,surrounded by bubble wrap in the central , the box is thin card type . it looks professional and its certainly eye catching from the outside

Vice 75 Lancer 001.jpg zzzzz.jpg

Parts were themselves contained in a plastic bag consisting of the torso , 2 arms , 2 heads , 2 headwear , carbine, small strap, pouches , the lance cap top and the Horsehair falling plume ,

Vice 75 Lancer 002.jpg

On the box the piece is on a different base , the buxt comes with a cast on one

Prep

Torso: Clean away the casting remnant from the base itself and sand edges ..or cut this off and drill to take a brass rod, slight sanding of the cast on base
    Arms: Remove from former and fit to torso ...no filler needed
    Head: As with the arms
    Helmet: Remove your chosen headwear from formers and asseble the helmet by adding the top and the falling plume
    Carbine: Remove from former and fit into place at the rear ( for some reason the carbine does not show on the box art , add the carbine strap on the left shoulder joining the weapon itself

General comments

• As before the resin is very smoothly cast
    • Arms separate , both have resin cast in different directions so fitting is easy to the correct side ...nice thought to include
    • Facial features are the same on both heads
    • Good to have the 2 headwear option as well
    Lets look at the resin

Torso

This is a pleasing piece of resin to look at , wearing a belt which has accurate cutouts to fit the pouches into , buttons are well formed with creases in pace , not overdone which I like , the rifle strap pulls into the torso

At the rear the sheepskin/wool collar is lifted slightly to fit the rifle strap into , this collar is nicely textured

The edging of the coat is well defined , making painting easy

On the underside there is a cast on base ...for me I will remove and fit a brass rod....purely my preference

Vice 75 Lancer 008.jpg Vice 75 Lancer 003.jpg Vice 75 Lancer 004.jpg

Vice 75 Lancer 007.jpg Vice 75 Lancer 006.jpg Vice 75 Lancer 005.jpg

Arms

Not cast onto the torso but easy to fit into place with the different direction , as with the torso the folds are good , no filler is needed

Vice 75 Lancer 015.jpg Vice 75 Lancer 016.jpg

Heads

2 available both have the same features , these are strongly defined with sharp features , a very nicely presented moustache this and the hair is textured , really nice features , the head fits well into the torso

Vice 75 Lancer 010.jpg Vice 75 Lancer 011.jpg
    Vice 75 Lancer 009.jpg

Headwear

2 choices both are really good , the helmet will I am sure prove popular , it shows a nice doucle headed eagle on the front with the chin scales tied up above the peak again nicely detailed

The soft cap is the correct shaping ( this was in fact the same as the infantry peaked version but obviously without the peak !!! )

The undersides of both are smoothly cast and fitting well onto the head

Vice 75 Lancer 013.jpg Vice 75 Lancer 012.jpg Vice 75 Lancer 014.jpg

Attachments

Vice 75 Lancer 018.jpg Vice 75 Lancer 017.jpg

The plume is well styled to fit onto the helmet with ease as is the squared top piece

The small belt fitment has the attachment point clip well sculpted the same goes for the distinctive angled pouches ...good to see these cast together making fitting easy

Carbine

Certainly a well detailed piece where painting will bring these out well , fitting in sinple by positioning into the depression at the rear of the torso

Vice 75 Lancer 019.jpg

Final thoughts

A nice addition to the range and fitting in well with the Dragoon , very colourful uniforms , sculpting is good and despite the smaller scale presents a interesting piece to display

I would still like to see a larger bust scale as well as 1/16th

Vice 75 are a new company but are providing good releases , well sculpted and cast and I recomned you bookmark them

Lets have a couple of pictures from Vice 75 showing the artwork from LASZLO GYORGY

ZXX.jpg ZXXXXX.jpg ZX.jpg

Thanks to 0000000.jpg for the review piece

To order this and other and future releases go to:

or via: www.sbsmodel.com.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vice75miniatures

Email : contact@vice75.com

Thanks for looking in

Happy benchtime

Nap
    Perseas, NeilW, DaddyO and 1 other person like this.
  3. Viking Bob PlanetFigure Supporter

United-Kingdom
    As ever mate, a very nice review.
    I can see me doing this one.
  4. Banjer A Fixture

England
    Good review.
    Personally I find 1/16th too small for a bust and too large for a figure.
    Nicely sculpted though.

Bill