1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Austrian Lorenz rifle

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by garyjd, Jul 18, 2005.

1. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    I originally had this in my odds and ends thread. Here is the completed model. Aside from the Springfield and Enfield the Lorenz also saw service in great numbers, on both sides.

Attached Files:

2. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    here's another pic.

Attached Files:

3. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    is this going to be a commercial offering or is it a one off?? What scale??
  4. John Long Active Member

United-States
    A fine job Gary. What's the scale, or did I miss it somewhere.
  5. IronMike A Fixture

We're going to produce it here at Michael Roberts Ltd. We have a M1842 smoothbore (carried by the Irish Brigade) that Gary did as well. The Austrian Lorenz is an interesteing piece. At least 2 of the Wisconsin regiments in the Iron Brigade used them as well as the VMI Cadets at New Market. It had a reputation for a big bark and kick. We have one here in Salem, VA in the local museum that was carried by a former resident in the ACW and has his name ingraved in the stock.

MS
  6. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Cool! Scales??
  7. Roy New Member

United-Kingdom
    That's a beautifully engineered weapon Gary...and as it's 1/32 scale (the scale is stated as a sub heading guys) I can appreciate the work involved.
    Looks like you done a great job. And I'm sure it will bring that little extra to any of the units Mike mentioned above.

All the best.

Roy.
  8. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Guys, Thanks for the kind words. I just want to add that these weapons were scaled to compliment the Shenandoah line of spare parts. Though their rifle is okay, I feel you can't use the same "generic" rifle to represent all of the various types carried.~Gary
  9. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Excellent work Gary..........very well done
  10. Jason W. Active Member

United-States
    Ahhh, I guess it looks o.k.

:lol: Just kidding! I love it! Can't wait to get my hands on those. Many ideas
    for the use of that weapon. Thanks for making this available, Gary!

Jason
  11. yeo_64 Well-Known Member

Singapore
    Looks REAL COOL,Gary !!! Like Jason mentioned earlier,thanks for making this available to us "mere mortals" ! Cheers.
    Kenneth.
  12. captnenglish Well-Known Member

United-States
    Very cool, more conversion possiblities with Shenandoah!
  13. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Kenneth, We're all "mere mortals" my friend. Thanks just the same.

Matt, There are several units that carried the Lorenz besides the Iron brigade and VMI cadets. I have ideas for other weapons, I just need to pick up my pace when working on them.~Gary