1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Completed Austrian infantry, Denmark 1864.

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Dec 30, 2014.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    I've just finished this little 30mm vignette using figures engraved by Johannes Frauendorf. It depicts Steirisches Infanterie Regiment "Albert I. König der Belgier" Nr. 27 which were part
    Brigade Nostitz. The Brigade was known as the Schwarz-Gelb Brigade due to the facing colours of the constituent infantry regiments, Nr27, Kaisergelb and Nr. 14, Black.
    The white brassards on the left sleeve were used to identify Imperial troops in the Danish campaign.

Roger.

IMG_1153.JPG ... IMG_1154.JPG
    John Bowery, Mike S., Braemp and 12 others like this.
  2. Rich Sculpts A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    A very busy shore leave Roger - a veritable painting frenzy! :woot:

I like :)

-Rich
  3. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Well done Roger! .. Yet again you have excelled yourself! .. ( What substance, was in your Turkey) ? .. I want some.:LOL:

Your becoming like the 'Mad-Painter', of Bedale! :D

Although I could not enlarge the pictures to see your fine work in detail. :(

High Regards,

Mark
  4. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Rich. There still might be a chance I finish something else before I go back to work on Friday. :)
    Rich Sculpts likes this.
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks Mark, there's plenty of mad people in Bedale but I think I'm the only painter of flats. :D Enlarge the pictures!!!! Are you mad aswell? They're 30mm and best viewed with that in mind, there is no detail, just an impression of it. Enlarge the pictures.... bonkers. :wacky: :D
    ChaosCossack likes this.
  6. Tubby-Nuts2 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    Roger, just stick a 'Full-stop', between the two photos! .. I am not blowing them up to that extent! :D

Mark
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Because I like you I've put three. :D
  8. Huw63 A Fixture

I like this a lot and now virtually nothing about the topic. Thanks.

Cheers

Huw
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Huw.

Both the 1st & 2nd Schleswig-Holstein Wars are interesting subjects and worth reading up on,
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Schleswig_War
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Schleswig_War

and a couple of book recommendations,
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bismarcks-F...d_sim_b_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=18BMR1QAZ6PEKXKRPZBN

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-First-Schleswig-Holstein-War-1848-50/dp/1906033447/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_y
    Huw63 likes this.
  10. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    By popular demand larger pics. ;)

IMG_1179.JPG IMG_1180.JPG
    blaster likes this.
  11. recastingspecialties Member

England
    roger you have outdone yourself cheers matey
  12. Huw63 A Fixture

Thanks for the information much appreciated and something new to learn about in 2015.

Cheers

Huw
    billyturnip likes this.
  13. MarquisMini A Fixture

Argentina
    Roger....wow!, i admire how fast you finish these flats and the great quality of your brush work.
    Very nice piece .
    All the best
  14. Mjølner PlanetFigure Supporter

Denmark
    Well done Roger and nice to see something from that campaign :) . Danish Broadcasting Corporation, our national TV and Radio broadcasting corporation, has just this autumn released a television series and later on it will be released as a movie based on this campaign. It has received mixed reviews regarding historic facts, but it's a good story and very well done, if you care then here's a little teaser. Only problem with the teaser is that they speak Danish.

15. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Daniel, it doesn't take long to paint these, they're only little. :D
    MarquisMini likes this.
  16. Joe55 A Fixture

United-States
    That is absolutely cool looking Roger! A beautiful little display!

Joe
  17. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you Brian. I have been interested in the two Schleswig wars for awhile now and have quite a few (lot :D) of flats waiting to be painted from this period. A Danish friend told me about 1864 when it was being shown on Danish tv, apparently the BBC will be showing it in 2015. I'm not sure if it will be subtitled or dubbed into English. I would prefer subtitles myself but either way I'm looking forward to it.
    When I am on leave from sea in February I have some Danish Dragoons that are top of the list to paint so stay tuned. ;)

Roger.
  18. Edorta A Fixture

Spain
  19. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thanks very much Joe, this is what was going on in Europe while you lot were having a civil war. :D
  20. billyturnip A Fixture

England

Thank you very much Eduardo. I think this is the best way to display 30mm's as hopefully it enhances the 3d effect.

Roger.