1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Australian Lighthorse

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by FigureLover, Jan 7, 2009.

1. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Happy New Year to you all,
    Have attatched several photos of a lighthorse figure that I finished a while ago. It's approx. 120mm and sculpted by the talented hands of Phil Waldren, a great Kiwi/Aussie sculptor. I changed the kit a bit by repositioning the legs so that they were crossed over and altering the waist so that he was in a more relaxed position and seated against the wall.I also scratch built the 303 rifle as my kit one was quite bent.
    The kit was painted in Oils and I gave his skin quite a suntanned tone, as if he had been riding to Beersheeba. The base was scratch built as well.
    Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome.
    Ben

Attached Files:

2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Ben,

This is one of my favourite figures of yours. Not only has your extensive conversion work significantly improved the pose of the figure but your paintwork is truly outstanding.

This figure won the Best Australian subject at WASMEx 2008, and rightly so.

A magnificent piece of modelling mate.
  3. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    This is stunning. The conversion and painting are top.

marc
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Very nice work Ben!!!
    christos
  5. Sambaman Well-Known Member

United-States
    Nice work Ben. Great casual pose and I really like the cigarette paper in his mouth, a pleasant change from the usual standard cigarette. Well done.

Jay H.
    OKc
  6. specmod Active Member

Australia
    Hi Ben, very nice work mate, as all the guys have said, conversion work has really done this alot of justice, not knocking Phils work . As always your painting is fantastic.
    Cheers Andrew
  7. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Tony, Marc, Christos, Jay and Andrew
    Thanks for your kind words guy's, very much appreciated. I was very happy with how the conversion came out, and it wasn't hard to do either.
    Ben
  8. 1969 A Fixture

United-Kingdom
    thats a real nice touch you have added to the figure Ben,nice painting also.

Steve
  9. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Outstanding! Great conversion!

All the best,
    Dan
  10. John Belcher A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Hello Ben.very nice painting.I like your conversion work on this figure.I have this figure myself,it is a great sculpt of Phil Walden's.Congratulations on your award at the WASMEX show.

Kind regards John
  11. pmfs A Fixture

Portugal
    Hello

It´s a joint?:D
    Amazing figure and paintjob.

Regards from Portugal
    Pedro
  12. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Steve, Dan, John and Pedro, it's great to have you say your comments. John, I would love to see your finished kit, as I know you would do a marvelous job on it as well.
    Ben
  13. Mark S Guest

Great result,Ben.
    Terrific conversion and beautiful painting.
    But I reckon the face on this one looks unnatural.It's a beautifully sculpted piece ruined by an alien face.
    But you've done a great job on it.
  14. FigureLover A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Mark. The face is a little unusual but I think that he tends to look more worn out than anything, as if he has just been in battle or been on the long ride to Beersheeba.
    Ben