1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

australian light horse

Discussion in 'Painting Techniques' started by steve j, Apr 2, 2014.

1. steve j Active Member

England
    ok guys need help with the khaki? on this i was thinking maybe model master faded olive drab base under an oil mix of i dont know can anyone help
    [IMG]
    Ventress and crf like this.
  2. Wayneb A Fixture

United-States
    Hello Steve,
    Looks like one heckuva nice paint job to me.I'm sure the Aussies will give you a good opinion.This one is on my temptation list.
    ....Keep up the good work.....by the way for me khaki is a tough color...so many variations...Regards.....Wayne
  3. steve j Active Member

England
    think you've miss understood guys the picture is the box art
  4. alamac Well-Known Member

Australia
    Hi Steve
    I use windsor & newton oils and a base mix for khaki try raw umber and raw sienna or if you want greener tint use raw umber green shade and raw sienna , you can also use a small amount of yellow ochre and play around with the mix until your happy with it, hope it helps
    Cheers
    Al
  5. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Vallejo - English Uniform with a touch of Russian green works for me.