1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Australian Bren Gunner 120mm Phil Walden

Discussion in 'Sculpting' started by fanai, Mar 26, 2009.

1. PHIL WALDEN Member

evening Jamie,..
    good stuff you like the wee bloke,....me being a Kiwi mate, l was thinking to myself Jamie old son you've left your self open there,about their slouch hats, but no l could not be cruel,to a good figure man......inreality when in the line many blokes removed the pugree and the leather inner band,as it was cooler and the crown took on the shape of the mans head thus fitting better that is why you will often see heavy sweat stains...
    Mate when making the wee blokes, l look to do them like the guy next door or the bloke down the pub,big nose, ears that stick out etc,,

thanks cobber for those good words...Phil....
  2. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    G'day Phil,

Mate I'm barely able to contain my excitement. Great timing as my birthday is next week. Can't wait to get my hands on both your latest creations. For what it's worth mate, I prefer the helmet option on the New Guinea Bren Gunner.

I'm hoping to have one of these kits ready to take with me to WASMEx and Euro Militiaire later this year

How do I order these figures??
  3. dinovision79 Active Member

Hi Phil,

beautiful sculpting! Cool pose and nice folds, still, my favourite is the helmet head, one of the bests I can recall!

Thanks
    Denes
  4. Jamie Stokes Well-Known Member

Australia
    Phil,
    I had a good laugh at myself, at your dry, dry, humour.....

like Quang of Pili Pili, what I really admire about your sculpts is the fact that the faces are of someone I could easily believe I could see walking down the street.

Not the heroic / glamorous/ idealised faces of some other main production houses.....

cheers Phil

(I'm reading this in Aussie as Phil types in Kiwi:D;))
  5. PHIL WALDEN Member

Aust Bren G...

morning folks,.....
    guys we are getting there at last,feel as if l've been working on them for an age and a half,

l'm right into painting box art of the bloke in the greatcoat tapping out his pipe..get some WIP photos of him up ASP.....

l must say l to like the young blokes head also, although his kneck was made a little longer to allow for casting and dose need to be made a wee shorter, when one puts him together.
    l like his head on a bit of an angle, makes it look as if the weapons digging into the old shoulder.....

appreciate the good thoughts...stay cool.. Phil.
  6. fanai Well-Known Member

Australia
    janus I will let Phil answer that question but it could also be an artist thing to give a better 'view' of the face - for figure painters one of the mos important features

Ian
  7. amcairns A Fixture

New_Zealand
    Phil,
    Is that a YellowTail wine cork I see in one of the pics?
    Cheers !!
    Andy
  8. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys,

These magnificent figures will be available from OzMods soon.

You can pre-order via email at ozmods@bigpond.net.au