1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Australian 1917

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by billyturnip, Jun 13, 2006.

1. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Here's a pic of an older but only recently photographed figure of mine.

Attached Files:

2. DaveCox Member

United-Kingdom
    Nice work Roger.
  3. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you very much Dave.

Roger.
  4. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Nice one, Roger! You should send that one to Steve. The badly chipped white enameled tin cup is super!

All the best,
    Dan
  5. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks Dan, I've just sent a copy to Steve along with a note letting him know the Russian arrived this morning,so thats me occupied for awhile.
    I used to have a mug like that, the idea being I wouldn't break it, unlike the plastic ones from the NAAFI, guess what? I lost it :lol:

Roger.
  6. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    Yes, you are a seaman, aren't you? [Sorry mate - couldn't help myself! :) ]

By the by, my brother (ex-USN) takes offense at being called a "sailor" and refers to himself as a now retired "seaman". Sailor, to him, is a landlubber term. Agree?

All the best,
    Dan
  7. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Don't the Airforce drink out of china teacups? :lol:

Roger.
  8. Dan Morton A Fixture

United-States
    China cups, glasses, tankards, wooden bowls - you name it - as long as it had the right beverage in it. :)

Dan
  9. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    That's something else we have in common besides an obsession with the events of 14-18.

Roger.
  10. Excatlon Active Member

Poland
  11. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thank you Damian.

Roger.
  12. flart1943 Active Member

England
    Hi Roger
    Great figure. But should't his lips be all red and burned after drinking out of one of them d**** tin mugs?
    Pete
  13. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Cheers Pete. Maybe the title of this piece should be " Strewth! this ****ers hot"

Roger.
  14. Kyle Member

United-States
    Excellent depiction, Roger. Australian light horse? (WWI not my area of expertise.)

Cheers on a super job!

Kyle ;)
  15. billyturnip A Fixture

England
    Thanks for the comment Kyle. This figure isn't wearing any insignia that would tie him to a specific regiment or battalion so could be any Aussie infantry or dismounted cavalry unit on the Western Front.

Roger.