Austin Highlander

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by Wendy, Oct 24, 2006.

1. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Here's a couple pics of my Highlander. The kilt tartan is Keith and Austin and the waist coat is slightly simplified Oliphant. Given my affinity to Tolkien I couldn't resist the name of the second tartan and since they were geographically close, I figured the guy married into the family or something and wore both. :lol:

Oh, and I picked the Keith and Austin tartan 'cause Austin is one of my family's surnames.

Any thoughts/critiques welcome, of course.

Wendy

Attached Files:

2. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Here's a pic of the back. Painting this drove me nuts. I'm still not happy with it and it will be tweaked a bit for the January show in the Detroit area.

Attached Files:

3. garyjd Well-Known Member

United-States
    Wendy, nice job on the tartan. It may be the pics but the jacket looks like it could use a little more highlighting.~Gary
  4. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Hey Gary,

Thanks. You're right about the jacket. I chickened out and put a wash over everything because the shadows and highlights were too stark. I plan on working on the jacket some more as well.

Wendy
  5. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Good work Wendy,add some lights and it will be great!
    christos
  6. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Wendy,

I hope to paint some day a tartan just like you did. I agree with Gary about highlighting the jacket.

Marc
  7. Wendy Active Member

United-States
    Thank you Marc and Christos. I'll keep working on it. :)

Wendy