1. Copying kits is a crime that hurts original artists & producers. Help support your favorite artists by buying their original works. PlanetFigure will not tolerate any activities related to recasting, and will report recasters to authorities. Thank you for your support!

Aust. Infantry Vietnam 1971 - 150mm

Discussion in 'vBench (Works in Progress)' started by tonydawe, Oct 23, 2007.

1. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Hi guys

Here's an old favourite I did a few years ago.:)

The figure is from Military Workshop in Brisbane but I can't remember who made it. Sorry:(

It's 150mm and painted in oils.

Cheers

Attached Files:

2. Markus Well-Known Member

Germany
    Hi Tony,

this little warrior looks really good. The setup compliments the sculpting and the paintjob. Good work !!!
  3. Martin Vlcek Active Member

Czech-Republic
    Tony-Pekné veru pekné
    good very good
  4. Christos Well-Known Member

Greece
    Looks great,figure and base also!
    christos
  5. eissteban Active Member

France
    i like it Tony :)
  6. frank h Well-Known Member

England
    Nicely done Tony
    Figure and setting really work

Frank
  7. PHIL WALDEN Member

Thanks mate,.. forgotten me already,He's figure I designed and sculpted for the Military Workshop some years back....looks as if you've enjoyed doing him..

Phil...
  8. CDNTanker25 New Member

United-States
    Tony, I really like this figure, the base work and the dirty appearance really set it apart! Definately looks like he's seen some combat! Well done!!!!
  9. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Marcus, Martin, Christos, Sebastien, Frank and James - thanks for your comments.:)

James - I actually painted camoflague on to his face and hands, and then smeared it as it dried to simulate the effect sweat has on camo paint. One of the advantages of being an ex-soldier is I have first hand knowledge of what it's like to do these sorts of things, and I can bring some of my own personal experience to my modelling.;)

Phil - A thousand apologies for not giving you the recognition you deserve for sculpting this wonderful figure.:eek: :eek: :eek: It was a beauty to build and paint.

I should also fess up to a pretty simple, but unforgivable mistake. I broke the barrel off this figure as I was entering it into WASMEx last year and I glued it back on UPSIDE DOWN.

Anyone who knows the SLR rifle knows the bayonet boss sits under the muzzle, not above it.

It wasn't until a few weeks after WASMEx (where it won BOS:D ) that one of my clubmates (who had served in the NZ Army) spotted the mistake.

Now that you all know, I don't feel any obligation to fix it:D :D :D

Cheers
  10. megroot A Fixture

Netherlands
    Tony,
    Lifelike creation. both the painting and the base.
    Good work.

marc
  11. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    very good !
    Is that a Belgian Fall he's carrying?
  12. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Vergilius

It's an Australian made 7.62mm SLR, which is based on the Begium-made FN rifle. These were used y Australian soldiers (including myself) from the early 60's until replaced by the Steyr rifle in the late 80's/ early 90's.

Cheers
  13. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    We've got new FNC rifles nowadays. Australia is welcome to buy them (good for our economy)
  14. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks Vergilius, but we make our own 1: 1 scale rifles here in Australia.

Cheers
  15. vergilius New Member

Belgium
    I'll tell our secretary of defence. He'll have to find other incomes to fill the gap he created
  16. Guy A Fixture

United-States
    Awesome creation Tony. You have placed him perfectly in a setting that makes him look real.
  17. dinovision79 Active Member

Great looking figure Tony!
  18. tonydawe A Fixture

Australia
    Thanks everyone. Great to get such positive feedback.

Cheers